Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting ready to go

Well, I'm getting ready to go to my trial. Its about 2 1/2 hours from here. I decided to stay in a hotel this time. Maybe it will easier on Miley if she has less crate time. Today there is a "B" match. I signed up for 3 runs, two standard and one jumpers. Its an indoor trial on matting. (Its where they held the AKC nationals this year). Since Miley has never run on this type of flooring I wanted to give her a chance to run on it. My goals for this trial is to get one JWW "Q" and one Standard "Q". I have six chances soooo.... My other goals are to come to the ring looking confident. I don't look confident when I watch my tapes at trials. When I watch Sarah ( Misty and Oreo's mom) she looks so confident at the start line. I don't know if she really is but it doesn't matter because its what she is showing. My words to bring into the ring with me are "Fun, Confident and Happiness".

Its been cool the last 2 mornings and Ive had some good walks with the dogs. Yesterday when we got back from the hiking trail, we all had ticks on us. Yuk!! So today I took them to the other park. Since it was so cool I could walk at a brisk pace and kept everyone trotting almost the whole walk. And the good news was Miley came to me to put her leash on before the walk. Even thought she new we were going in the car. There is hope yet.

The only bad thing that happened today was I was going to throw the ball for Miley. As my arm was coming through the swing, she did a spin before she was going to take off and the front of her snout hit my hand. Ouch! She ran away from me and didn't want to play ball anymore. But after the walk, apparently she wasn't tired, and brought me the ball. So we played for a few minutes.

And what do Chihuahua's like to do?



10 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck on your runs. I wonder what it will be like with the matting. I've never seen it, but I think there is one facility around here that does have it.

I think my confidence comes from many years of competing in gymnastics as a kid. I grew up in front of judges! Also, I learned that if I mess up this time, there is always a next time to get it right.

Natasha said...

Have fun at the match! Looking forward to seeing Miley's runs on video!

~Nat

Jules said...

Good luck! I am sure you will be able to walk away with positives to reflect on.

Lian said...

Best of luck at your trials! Wish you a lot of success!

kathy bordergirlsmom said...

Hey have a great time and good luck at your trial. All our trials are outdoors and when people around here end up going to the big trials indoors and they have never been on the carpet or matting it is a big disadvantage so people around here are always trying to find places they can run on those footings, so cool Miley is getting to try it out. Hope you get some video of your runs so we can all see, video is the next best thing to being there and cheering you on.

OBay Shelties said...

Gosh I so want a chihuahua even if they just lay around!

Dawn said...

Good luck at the match! Have FUN! Can't wait to hear about it, though I will probably be away when you get back! Will read it all when I return.

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck this weekend!! 6 runs - wow - that's a lot of runs! I would be exhausted after that but Miley will probably just be getting warmed up! :) I love running indoors on matting - hopefully you guys will too. I like your positive thinking - have a fun time! Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the videos!

Kim said...

Good luck at your trial!

I can understand how you feel about the start line thing. I am working on being more confident too.

Dawn P said...

Good luck. I hope you accomplish the goals you set for this trail. Can't wait to hear about it. Living vicariously....