Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Im homesick

How pathetic is that. I haven't even been gone a week and I'm home sick. I just want to go home and see my husband and my dogs. I want to sleep in my own bed. I don't want to worry about Miley.

I drove up to Norther Virginia yesterday. We are staying at a friends house. She has kids the same age as my kids, so that works out well. Stephanie and Amanda went to help out with Habitat for Humanity today. Lou is still sleeping. (Teenagers!) I do have some exciting news. Miley is actually playing with my friends dog. I cant believe it. Usually she just growls at other dogs. Ive posted a video clip of them playing. The video isn't good quality, maybe not enough light.







My friend lives in a nice area with a great walking path that goes all these different ways through the woods. You probably could walk forever. And people have their dogs on leashes. Yesterday when I was walking Miley. I ran into a lady that was walking two shelties. So we walked about 2 miles together. It was nice. She loved Miley and thought she was beautiful.

Last but not least. Miley limped yesterday. Two huge limps. I ran her on the beach before leaving yesterday to burn off some energy. She seemed fine. But when I walked her in the neighborhood right before we left. That's when she limped. Crap! This morning, two small limps right when we first started walking. Then nothing else. So now I'm contemplating not going to the seminar. I haven't even made my hotel reservations and I need it for tomorrow night. What if I get all the way up there and she cant run. Crap. But then bringing my dog all this way and having to walk her constantly and play most of the time will have been for nothing. Crap.

8 comments:

Jules said...

That is a very cute clip of Miley playing with your friend's dog.

If miley weren't able to work the seminar would it still be worth it to audit?

Morganne said...

I get terribly homesick whenever I have to travel for work (and I'm only gone for about 3-4 days). I miss my dogs and my routine.

Hope Miley is ok!

Sara said...

I get homesick real easy too.

Poor Miley. Poor you. You just can't seem to get this limping problem resolved.

How cool that she played with a new dog though.

I hope you get to go to the seminar. Could you audit the seminar if you are worried about running Miley?

Cool Design Shelties said...

Yeah, home sweet home!! ....after a couple of days away from home I'm also get homesick and missing the dogs already after a couple a hours!! Cute little video of Miley playing with your friend's dog :o)

//Bente

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Are you sure Miley did not just have something in her paw or something? Huge limps and then nothing sounds like something like that???? Hope you get to go to the seminar, but maybe you could go and just not work the entire time and just stop and audit if Miley is not looking good???

Miley is adorable playing, she looks like she really likes that doggie, how cute.

Chris and Ricky said...

Mom gets homesick too - she never did as a kid but she does now!

How fun to see Miley playing with the other dog! I never play with dogs either but I bet I would play with Miley.

Hope her limp is really nothing at all!

Dawn P said...

Oh no. I hope everything is okay. What the heck is going on with this limping????? I hope it's nothing and her just being a goofy teenager.

Lian said...

Sorry to hear Miley's limps. Have you check her pad to make sure nothing stuck in between the toes or pad?

I find it very hard to leave my dogs so I try to take all of them whenever we can.