Saturday, July 4, 2009

Today wasnt our day

I woke up this morning feeling great. I thought today was going to be our day. I was so happy that we were getting to run in Open standard. Finally out of novice, which I was beginning to wonder it that would ever happen. Well apparently I wasn't nervous at all today. So relaxed that I was whistled out of the ring for "training in the ring". Miley jumped the a-frame contact and I brought her back to me to sit and the judge whistled me out.

">


So I was embarrassed and mad. I know , stupid, but sometimes you cant help how you feel. I just wanted to go home. She didn't get the weaves so that is a big problem area. I even packed up all my stuff and put it in the car. Then I decided this was stupid. I didn't want to end the weekend like that and I didn't want that to be in Miley memory. So I decided to stay and do the jumpers course. I think I did well at keeping her active but not to active and my legs didn't hurt. Here's are jumpers run, so close. One dropped bar or we would have taken first. How many times has that been said. LOL

">

5 comments:

kathy bordergirlsmom said...

OOOOH so sorry it didnt go better or it didnt feel better, but you know I would have done EXACTLY what you did with the contact,...even if I knew I was going to get called for training in the ring, ....I think it was a good decision all in all. The jumpers run was gorgeous, durn the dropped bar. All in all you both look good, soon this will all come together it is getting much better and Miley is staying fast and happy...There is so much good stuff in your runs!

Sara said...

Wow that jumpers run was beautiful!

Don't get discouraged. Miley and you are an awesome team. Once you iron out the small details - you too will be unstoppable!

Chris and Ricky said...

Your JWW run was really beautiful (even with a dropped bar) - very flowing and fast and smooth! Great job!

I think you did the right thing on the STD course - you're trying to preserve Miley's contact integrity for the future so hopefully you made an impression on her that she has to stick the contact or she doesn't get to run. Don't worry about being whistled off - happens to everyone at some point. Glad to hear you were so relaxed - that is awesome!

I would've hated starting the run with the chute!! My gosh - what's up with that!

Dawn P said...

It's great that you were relaxed enough to deal with the contacts. I think it's good. Just remember to be prepared for the whistle.

Both times I was whistled out of the ring it was for something obtuse and I was soooooo mad. I hated that feeling. I'm glad you stayed for Miley and what a great jumpers run. That must have made it worth it.

Glad your legs held up too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others. You did the right thing for Miley. On the upside, her DW contact looked incredible. You guys are going to be fantastic with a few more miles under your belts!