Wednesday, July 1, 2009

B Match










We ran in the "B" match. We had some problems but over all we did ok. The flooring on the ground was like fake grass, but thick fake grass. Ive never seen anything like it. I ran Miley first in standard. It started out great. Fantastic teeter then a turn into the a-frame. OMG she jumped the contact. I brought her back to me and made her sit at the bottom of the contact and then released her. Then tunnel , broad jump and into the weaves. She jumped right on the table. On the table I made her down. While waiting for the count, she was shaking all over. I guess from excitement. I released her, over a jump and back over the a-frame. She jumped off the a-frame even higher up. Holy crap, she is going to break her leg. I brought her back again and placed her a couple of feet above the contact and told her "touch". She still jumped it. Finally I just put her in the "touch" position. When we ran out of the ring, she seemed pretty happy. I started feeling down about the contacts. What am I going to do? Then I remember my new positive attitude. I decided not to worry about the contacts and run her again. I couldn't remember my three words, Fun, Confident, happy, when I walked into the ring. Ok regroup. Be calmer, think happiness. Our second run went much better. I ran my own course, she popped out of the weaves, ran around the table but as soon as she hit the table I released her. I'm not sure what the trouble with the tunnel was. But all her contacts were great and she came to me after the run. WhooHoo










Then we had a little bit of a wait for the jumpers run. That run I finally felt normal when I went to the line. We had a good run, a couple of wide turns and she missed the weaves. I know I didn't cue it right but I couldn't figure out how to let her know about the turn into the weaves. After missing the weaves, she took a jump and then around into the weaves. WhooHoo all the way down. I threw her toy/bait bag and ran out of the ring. She got treats right outside the ring. I really hope that made an impression on her to tomorrow.


I forgot to bring socks. I have an extra set of clothes I keep in the car so I have at least on pair. I guess I have to go buy some.

The last part of the video wont upload, where she goes over the jump and then does the weaves. O well.

7 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Fun, confident and happy! Hurray! That's what Miley is all the time and I'm glad to hear you worked on staying that way too. Lots of good things happening in the B match runs! There were some great weave entries and contacts so focus on those and not on the ones she missed! She didn't seem to be at all affected by the weird grass-like flooring or the new environment. Miley just loves agility! That is soooooo cool!

Good luck today!

Sara said...

You guys looked great. She hit her 2o/2o on the dog walk both times! That was awesome!

Good luck today. Keep thinking positive!

Dawn said...

Hi Diana. What's a B match? Is it practice, where you're allowed to touch your dog, redo stuff? Or something else? Boy she's fast!

Diana said...

Dawn, a "b" match is held around a trial. This one was the day before the trial but sometimes they are held at the end of one of the trial days. There is a time limit and someone acts as judge. You can bring toys in the ring but no food. You can run any course you want and work on what you want with in the time limit. You can touch your dog too. This was the most like a trial "B" match I have ever been to. Diana

Dawn said...

Thanks Diana...sort of like a "fun" match, but with a judge.

Dawn P said...

That's great. Good job with the leash.

Lian said...

Miley's contacts are awesome in the 2nd video! I can see she enjoyed her runs! She is one happy girl.