Saturday, July 11, 2009

What have I been doing.

I haven't really blogged much this week. Ive posted pictures but not much else. The first half of the week , I gave Miley a break. All the trial work, she deserved a break. I have been walking the dogs at the park. Guiness has been acting weird. Earlier and earlier in the walk he is refusing to walk on. I'm not sure what is with that. He doesn't look like anything is wrong with him. Ive been walking the flat park. I made him keep walking anyways.

On Wednesday I went up to North Carolina for a some classes. It was pouring down rain in Columbia when I left and let up right before getting off the exit for the class. Didn't rain at class at all. I was shocked. I took both dogs out of the car when I got there. They seemed fine. Then I put Guiness up because it was time for Miley's class. ( contacts and weaves) This is a small class and we work in separate parts of the field. Meagan sets up what you need for your dog. First we worked on Mily's weaves. She did really well. There were a few missed entries but it gives me something to work on. We had trouble with #10 to #11 weave pole entry.

The course was renumbered and it started over a jump and then a call to heel into the weaves. Miley had a lot of trouble with that. Something else to work on. We also worked on contacts. Miley stopped on the contacts. But when Meagan had me back up with Miley still in the 20/20 position , then I would run by. She self released. Something else to work on.

Next it was Guiness CU class. When I got him out of the car and walked him he was limping and stopped to bite his foot. I looked at it , couldn't find anything. He still couldn't walk. Looked at it again, brushed the bottom of it. He still couldn't walk on it. I took him into this fenced yard so I could lay him down. I moved his foot around and it was weird. It had a cracking feeling to it and something was moving that shouldn't have been. I moved it around some more and all of a sudden all that weirdness went away. I felt normal. He got up and began to get the zoomies. He was so happy and excited. He was so crazy, running , dashing barking, that Miley was scared. She hid under my legs while Guiness went crazy. After that everything was fine. The CU class was good. I need to work on Guiness going to his mat and making him work longer before getting treats.

In a few days it will be my birthday. My husband wanted to get me a new camera. A HD camera. So Ive spent the last two days playing with cameras. One, my computer isn't fast enough for HD stuff. I'm trying one right now, its a Samsung HMX-H100. So far all of the cameras that Ive tried I cant use Quicktime. My computer isnt fast enough so the video is jerky. ( I have the upgraded QT for HD) I really like QT when viewing my videos because of the slow motion stuff. Anyway, the samsung is good and cheap ( relatively) All the software is on the camera. You just plug it in and start. You can edit the video on the camera, which I like. O'course I'm really slow at it. My casio, I can edit fast, like those kids you see texting on their phones. I'm not sure the vidoe is as clear and sharp as I thought it would be. I did upload one video on youtube. ( it directly loads from the camera software to youtube, nice feature)

">

This is in regular HD and I can go one level higher in the HD. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats on getting a new video camera! I'm jealous. I didn't think about my computer not being fast enough to support an HD. Good thing to look into before I buy one. My laptop isn't fresh off the shelf....

That is weird about Guiness' foot. I wonder if somthing was out of its socket or something, and you popped it back in. Whatever it was, sounds like you gave her a great feeling of relief!

Chris and Ricky said...

The weave pole entry exercise looks really fun and challenging. Might have to see if we can set that up here.

Weird about Guiness' paw. Wonder what was wrong with it?

Did you rule out getting a Flip? I forgot to tell you that my last trial videos were recorded with our Flip.

Dawn said...

Happy almost birthday! Glad Guiness is better, poor boy! Hope you find the perfect camera. You take really good pictures.

Chris and Ricky said...

No, the Flip doesn't have a great zoom - you can zoom in to one level - I don't know what it's called. The one I have is the ultra HD. I wanted the one with the bigger screen (and didn't want to pay more than $200). But they had better ones at the store - newer generations - and I'm not sure how they were different. You could check their website?

Thanks for the front cross treat advice!

And Happy Birthday a little early!

kathy bordergirlsmom said...

boy, I had not thought of the computer not being able to be fast enough for HD, so many things to think about with everything now days, LOL.

Natasha said...

That's weird about Guiness's foot, glad that it turned out okay. Those were some tough weave entries!

~Nat