Friday, July 3, 2009

Mr. Toads wild ride.

Isn't that the name of a ride at Disney World? Lol. Since yesterday Miley was so wipe out and so was I, I decided to have a new plan . I haven't told you this but I have fibromyalgia. It makes you feel like you are getting the flu. Most of the time you ache all over. Ive had it over 4 years now. Going to a trial sometimes really makes it flare up. Yesterday I was trying to keep Miley active, walking her and playing ball with her. So by the end of the trail day she refused to walk up the steps. They were steep steps. I guess I made her go up and down them to much. As for me, when I was doing my jumpers walk thur yesterday , Meagan asked me "How's it going?". I quite sure she was talking about my walking the course and my plan. My legs were hurting so bad at this time I wanted to burst out crying and say, "My legs hurt so bad and I feel terrible. I just want to go home". But of course I didn't say that. I just said, " Fine, I'm just trying to decide if I should front cross or rear cross". I didn't think I could run in the walk thur but I decided mind over matter. I forced myself to run one time with my walk thru. Anyway that was yesterday and we had a great jumpers run. My legs were killing me until about 9pm last night. Miley slept until 7pm last night and then was full of herself and wanted to play. At 10pm I just turned out the lights and she settled down, but was ready to go at 5am.



So today's plan was not to walk as much to keep my leg pain down and not to do stairs with Miley. I would carry her down the stairs or walk all the way around to the other side and come in on the ground floor. Our first run was Novice standard. She did great. We "Q"ed and took 2nd place. So now we can move up to open standard. Now Ive accomplished my goals for the weekend. After Miley's run I had her get a message and she was sore in her right hip area. After that I put her in her crate to rest. It was a long rest because I worked the excellent standard 20 inch dogs. I think there were 76 dogs in this class. It was a long class. No to long after that was my jumpers run. We walked the course and it seemed nice. We started out nice but missed the second jump in the pinwheel. Not sure why. Then came around thru the tunnel over a jump , with 180 degree turn into the weaves. She got the entry and popped out after pole 9 or 10. Went into the next pinwheel and took the off course jump straight ahead and that when the wild ride started. She was just so excited, taking jump after jump and not coming back on course. I couldn't get her back on any type of course. I ran to the end of the line and she came to me. WhooHoo. Put her leash on, no problem. I felt like she was running around the ring saying ,"I'm free, I'm free, Look at me!!".

So Miley has too much energy and wasn't tired. My legs don't hurt at all. Maybe tomorrow I will find a happy medium. The Internet here at the hotel is terrible so I'm not posting any video. I cant even check my email.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations on getting your second Q, and meeting all your goals for the weekend! Plus, Miley let you put her leash on! That's awesome.

Hope you stay pain free for tomorrow. I never would have guessed from your jumpers video that you were hurting!

Chris and Ricky said...

Yes, congratulations on your novice standard title and moving on to open!!!

Sorry to hear you were in such pain! I agree that I couldn't tell at all from the video!

Good luck tomorrow! I know I couldn't do three back to back trial days! Hope you get a good night's rest and feel better tomorrow!

kathy bordergirlsmom said...

I am glad you were feeling better, that has got to be hard to run when you are hurting like that, I admire you for doing all this running when it has to be pretty hard a lot of time. How do you like the footing at the trial? Is that affecting you or MIley at all? Sounds like all in all a pretty good trial!

Jules said...

Congratulations on the Standard Q and getting Miley to come back after whirly-gigging and willing put her leash on. That's huge. I hope today goes well!