Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cloudy

Well it was suppose to be cloudy. It was cloudy all morning but I couldnt go out to the field in the morning. So I went around 12:30 and when I got there, sunny. Never was cloudy again until I got back home. LOL But it wasnt that sweltering heat we usually have. So I decided to stay. Miley mostly stayed in the shade and I only had her do small sequences. So it worked out pretty well. I wanted to run her over the a-frame. She couldnt 2 hit. Weird. I have not idea why. The only thing I can think of is that it feels slippery to her. When I practiced the first few times, I had her just above the box and she had a hard time keeping her position. She kept sliding down. I decided to just go with it because we are going to a trial this weekend and I didnt want to make an issue of it. I would rather her run the a-frame this way but not sure how to teach that. She hit in the yellow every time, so I just rewarded even though it was more than 2 hits. Notice one time I said "touch", my word for stopping on the dogwalk. Ugh! Also, I removed the box on the last one.



">

We did some short pinwheel and serpt. sequences. She did really well except when I pulled before she was committed and made her drop the bar. I need to be careful of that.

5 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Ughghg, so I just tried to make a comment and the page said error not found, so if the first one comes through you can delete one of them, ;-). But I was going to say...I know it is a silly question and you have probably already checked this, but have you trimmed the hair around Mileys toes, and made sure the pads are not sort of dried out and slick, I suppose if that was the problem she would be having it all the time, but couldnt hurt to make sure ;-). Then I was going to say I hope it is not blistering hot for your trial this weekend. GOOD LUCK, hope you get video, and most off all hope you and Miley just have fun!!! A lot of fun!!!

Chris and Ricky said...

So good luck this weekend!!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes! I hope you like the new location and that they have really good air conditioning in the building! Just have fun!!!!!!!!

Lian said...

Good Luck this weekend! Miley looks great. I think you just have to GO for it at trial like you are training her. If you decided to run the A Frame, if she misses it, do not put her back, that will confused her.

Sara said...

Even if she wasn't two hitting, Miley seemed really consistent.

Good luck at your trial this weekend.

Dawn said...

GOOD LUCK at the trial this weekend. Miley looks beautiful!