Saturday, July 3, 2010

She really wanted to...

But she couldnt. Miley tried to get on the table in our standard run but she just couldnt do it. I should have just gone on but when I was in the ring it really seemed like she was going to do it and then things went to far and she started circling. Ugh, so I left the ring. When I watch the video it reminds me of when your kids are trying to put there head under water when swimming or using a snorkel for the first time. "ok, Im gonna do it. Wait, wait wait. Ok Im ready, Im gonna do it. Wait, wait, wait. Ok, Im ready". Well you get the idea. When Miley started circling the crowd started laughing and then when I walked off course they all went, Awwwww.. But I cant run her when she is circling. She did hit her a-frame contact and had nice weaves.
">

Our first run was JWW. I really didnt feel like I had enough time to walk the course and people kept bumping into me and kicking my feet ( by accident). I never really walked it completely thur one time. Miley didnt read my rear crosses today. Im not sure why. If you can see what I did, let me know.

I was happy with this run because I was able to get her back without circling or taking a bunch of other jumps. I really thought I had saved the first mistake when she went the wrong way over #7 but the judge called a refusal. Im not sure why. Then we did go off course over #17, when we were to take #16 first.

">

Last was exc. fast. When I saw this course I couldnt believe it. I really dont like when I hear people complain about courses but I'll admit I complained. How the heck where we suppose to get that send bonus(a-frame, tunnel, aframe) . I just couldnt figure it out. People were all talking and trying to figure it out.


So you had to stay on either side of those lines. When the judge came out to give the briefing, poor guy, got bombarded with questions. What he said was, you had to be on the outside of the line by the time your dog finishes the a-frame the first time. But really what did that help. If you pull in and then out, Miley would jump off the a-frame to come with me. LOL. Some people did run it that way,a few dogs this worked but it pulled most dogs off. It finally hit me to stay to the side parallel with the send line. It doesnt look like it on the map but I was about 15 feet to the side of her. We did a running start together and after the first jump I said, "climb". She took the jump and got right on the a-frame. Hit the contact and into the tunnel. When she was in the tunnel, I backed up so when she came out I could push her line a little but it wasnt enough and she took the tunnel that was under the aframe. But I was so happy I figured out how to do the send bonus without pulling her off. WhooHoo. So we didnt get the bonus but had an awesome run. She was fast and focused. We looked like a team.Sorry no video because I didnt think we would even get the a-frame the first time. LOL.

6 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

You did a great job. Miley did look like she was going to hit that table. ughghg, so close! The weaves were awesome. Very cool she has done so well with her aframe contact this weekend. I wonder if the refusal was because of one of those passing the plane of the obstacle things????? Miley was running fast and looked happy and looked less stressed and she stayed connected except at the table, but she came right to you when you started walking out, I wish Lizzie would do that, ...maybe I will try it again, I have not tried that in a long time. Are you back to the trial again tomorrow? That is weird with the indoors and the spectators all sitting in chairs at the side, we only have day time outdoor trials and so we have some people sitting at the side lines but not in lines of chairs, I think that would feel different. That looks like a nice place to trial.

Sara said...

I'm so happy that your last run felt so great! What a difficult course!

Did you see how quick Miley turned her attention back to you when you started walking out of the ring in Standard? Seemed almost immediate.

Don't worry about what the crowd thinks. They probably said "awww", because Miley is an amazing dog to watch.

Diana said...

Kathy, trial site is really cramped. So no handlers sitting around the ring to watch. Those were a set of blechers that split the two rings and it was full of spectators. It was nice when they were cheering for someone's run. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Hey, good job yesterday!! Your standard run was beautiful - awesome aframe, amazing weaves, super fast chute (so jealous!) and Miley almost did the table! I wonder what it would be like if there was a way that you could be ahead of Miley (I know - not an easy task with speedy Miley!) on the way to the table and you could kind of lead her on to it? Seems like she doesn't like sending to the table - just a thought - probably you have tried already cause I know you have tried everything! And she WILL get on the table eventually! Miley was very connected to you for most of your runs and it was very impressive the way she stopped circling and came to you. Gosh you guys have made a lot of progress - congratulations!

Jules said...

Good problem solving in Fast. Very cool!

Dawn said...

It's amazing how fast she is! This is so hard to be so close and yet not quite there. Having the crowd cheer didn't freak her out?