Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wow, we are so judgemental

Because it is taking forever for my pictures to upload Im going to talk about something else. Why do you think we are so judgemental? I have no idea. I read peoples blogs because I enjoy them or because I may learn something from them and sometimes it just for the photos. Training dogs is hard but also fun. I can tell you raising kids is two hundred times harder from which you may not see the results for years only to find out you made a mistake. Its easy to sit back and say, "My kid will never do that", famous last words that will surly bite you in the butt. Plus really if you dog doesnt learn something its really not life altering. But if your kids dont learn something it can lead to death. If you teach your kid to ride their bike and they forget to look for cars...... If your dogs dont learn to stop chasing cars, dont let them off leash. You can keep your dog locked in the fenced in area. You're not going to keep your kid confined to the house or driveway. Well, you could try but the will eventually do what they want. Anyway, some how I got off the point here. Lately is seems the people feel the need to criticize other peoples blogs,training and videos. It really bothers me when other people demean other people. People are just trying to do the best they can. No we arent perfect and we wont look perfect on video either. Plus you know nothing of their life and what real problems they are dealing with. Whether their dogs holds their start line may not be the most important thing of their life right now. Maybe they are at a trail or training their dog to forget about their current real life problems. Cut us all a break

8 comments:

Sarah said...

yikes, luckily i haven't seen this nastiness on blogs, sucks that things can get that way :(

Sara said...

Well said. It frustrates me when people judge others. And what's the saying, "If you can't say anything nice...."

I was just saying the other day that we need to get a leash for my Dad...he's always wandering off and getting lost in the crowd. Maybe a harness for a lab would work for him? LOL.

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Very true! I was reading an older issue of Clean Run and the woman was talking about how her dog held her start line stay for the first time in like, 4 years. The dog didn't hit any contact zone, but the handler was so ecstatic of her holding her start line, they had a huge party and she was so happy she was crying. A ton of people came up to her to complain about how she handled the dog's contacts.

Plus, what you said about handling the dog to forget about real life problems is exactly the situation with me. Anything I do with Layla is meant as a distraction - a fun distraction that I put a lot of time into, but a distraction from Real Life. That's why I get so aggravated at conformation shows where people feel the need to criticize every little thing you do.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but it bothers me too.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I think it is sad that some people are just insecure enough they have to cut down others to make them feel like at least they are not as bad as "them", which is a dangerous place to be in my opinion, because like you said sooner or later we are all going to have some sort of big problem or issue whether we are talking ab out our kids, our families, our dogs, agility, what ever, because that is life for heavens sake. I hate when that type of stuff goes on because I always feel like it is so unfair and besides you wonder what they say about you, LOL. Hate that.

Morganne said...

I agree. People who seem to have the need to criticize and judge are insecure. Luckily, it's fairly easy to spot people like that and make a point to avoid them (either in person or on the Internet).

AC said...

There seems to be an elitist group in every subculture that's quick to judge. I think it's always good to take a step back to try and put things in perspective.

I'm really not part of the dog sport world, so I often shake my head at the drama that's out there. At the same time, I think it's a bummer that the drama and sour apples can take the fun out of things. I've left hobbies and even jobs because I couldn't handle the elitist mindset that just seemed to become thicker the more I was involved.

I hope you find a way to keep working hard with your dogs without getting dragged down by anything/anyone.

Dawn said...

Well said. All of you.

Nicki said...

Wow, I hadn't seem much of that kind of blogging but it's sad. This is supposed to be a fun way to share our lives with each other-not get critisized or talked badly about.