Sunday, July 4, 2010

Close

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. LOL.

I didnt go to my first run today. It was exc. fast and it was at 8am. My next run wasnt until around 2pm. That was going to be a long wait so I decided to skip the first run. I walked the dogs at the park this morning and trimmed some bushes so I can now see out the front windows. Then we got ready to go. My husband went with me to the trial. We left around 11am. Im not sure what was wrong but I got an upset stomach and we had to stop 3 times on the way there. Then once there I think I was in the restroom 5 times. My stomach hurt and it felt really hot in the sports center. I just felt sick. I part of me just wanted to go home. But I had gone all that way and wasnt about to leave. Our first run was open standard. No course map, they were all gone by the time I got there. So my plan was to call Miley to me when she came out of the tunnel with a "come front" but right next to the table.(Ricky's mom gave me this idea. Do something different then send to the table). She wouldnt have to get on the table but would have to stop. What I didnt expect was her missing the teeter. Totally my fault. I didnt do or say anything to cue the teeter. ugh! Then she got the zoomies and I felt I just need to move on. I sent her into the tunnel which was the next correct obstacle. I bagged the "come front " idea because of the first zoomies and just went on. She didnt do her 20/20 of the dogwalk. But her a-frame and weaves where very nice. When I came out of the ring, a little kid said to me, "I love it when she starts zooming around the ring". LOL, its all in your perspective.


">




As soon as I finished my run , I had to go over and walk exc. jww.



I had a couple of things planned in case she was running faster or slower then what I thought. If I could I would front cross after #4 if not post turn with an opposite arm cue. Had to post turn. Then running #8,9,10 if she was speedy I would layer that jump marked #3 to be able to pull more and keep her from going off course over that #2 jump. It doesnt look close on the map but it was right there when they go over #9. Thats what I had to do and it worked. Then front cross after #12. But how to keep her out of the wrong tunnel entrance? I thought I could pull her and I walked it also layering that #8 jump. But I didnt do that and she went off course. Man, we were so close. But close doesnt cut it. Ugh. Then we missed the weave entry. ?? Over all a good run. I felt like I was really booking but you know those darn video cameras always make me look so slow. LOl She was really fast even with having to go back to do the weaves. I think it was 32 seconds. But I guess that doesnt matter if you cant run the course correctly. LOL
.">
So the good things this weekend: Hit her a-frame several times, got 4 of 5 weave pole entries,and only drop bars in 1 run of the 5 runs. So thats really good. We are so close to getting it together. I just know it.
I was feeling better when I finally ran JWW. But then going home we stopped at Trader Joes ( a food store) and I ate 2 oatmeal cranberry cookies. Ugh, we had to stop again on the way home. Im better tonight but now have a sore throat.

7 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow, Miley was ON in the JWW run, very nice, she was really reading your cues, you looked confident and relaxed and when she missed those weaves the first time it looked like she could have thought about circling but she just dived in and did gorgeous weaves, you have to feel really great about that run.
I LOVE trader Joes.
Hope your tummy is feeling better, that had to make it a lot harder to get out there and do your runs, esp on a hot day.

Sara said...

Beautiful JWW run, even with a few bobbles. Miley got back into the weaves right away. She got back on track quickly in standard too. I think that is big progress.

I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry you felt so bad yesterday! It couldn't have been easy at all to go to the trial with a bad stomach! Hope you are much better today!

I think Miley would've gotten on the table if it weren't for that chute/teeter right before - she blasted out of that chute and didn't reconnect with you right away. If she had done the teeter you would've been in a perfect position to encourage her onto the table. The rest of that run was awesome though!

The JWW was super nice too! You do look like you were running FAST! Ok, my armchair quarterbacking of #14 to #15 - I think you had way too much lateral distance going past 14 trying to show her 15 but Jenn says dog's don't read the lateral distance if is it kind of constant and they need to see a change in distance so if possibly you were close to 14 and then as she committed you move laterally to the right side of the tunnel and use a shoulder pull too (or whatever you call that). When Miley committed to 14 she saw you far away but she also only saw the wrong end of the tunnel staring her in the face. That tunnel would be sooo very difficult for any fast dog (with Ricky I would have all day to indicate the right end of the tunnel - LOL!). The rest of the run was terrific and the weave entry was a fluke because Miley nails almost all of them!

I think your hard work is really paying off! Great, great job this weekend! Congratulations!

(BTW, you look really good in pink!)

Jules said...

Very nice JWW run. Wow is she moving. I hope you feel better. I don't know if I could run feeling like that!

Dawn P said...

I'm looking at the pull to the tunnel and your decell timing was good but she was already committed. I'm wondering if you'd turned toward her and cued wrap, she would have come in enough for you to send to the correct end of the tunnel. Dunno.

Dawn said...

It sounds like you were getting sick! I hope you're better by now. Yes you guys are SOOOOO Close!!!

Any time now it is all going to come together!

Dawn P said...

i'd commented before my comment on the wrap - saying it was gorgeous and i'd be really proud of that jumpers run.