Friday, July 2, 2010

Just not feeling it

 
Posted by Picasa


This picture was from this morning. Right after I took it and released the dogs to me, there was a tick crawling on Miley's face. A red tick with a white spot on its back. Yuk! Then when I got home and took a shower there was an tiny tick on my leg. I thought it was just a small mole but then when I ran my hand over it, I thought maybe it was a scab. It wasnt. A tick. I also removed a tick from Miley yesterday and we didnt even walk in the woods yesterday.
Anyway, I'm going to the B-match this afternoon and I have that feeling of , "whats the point". Not a good mental place to be when you are going to a trial. Do you know its been a year this weekend since we got into Open Standard and not one cue. I know the table problem is a major reason for it but still. Kinda depressing. I havent done any table work or mat work since April 9th. April 9th was at our trial here in Columbia and she didnt get on the table. At that point I just decided to just let it go for a while. So Im planning on sending her to the table at the b-match tonight. Will see what happens. I also want her to be able to run over the rubberize contacts before the trial. I have been debating on staying in a hotel. What if the b-match runs really late tonight, driving home maybe rough. But she just doesnt sleep well in a hotel and I really dont want to spend the money. Plus she likes to get up early,like 5:30am. We dont run Saturday until 10am. What would we do with all that time. So, Im just going to drive back and forth. I hope I can handle it. Keep your fingers crossed that Miley gets on the table.

11 comments:

Lian said...

OMG! Tick on your leg? I hope you removed it quick! I hate this time of the year where I constantly remove tick from my shelties. We train in a field in an equestrian. Each time I look at my dog, I saw a tick crawling on his face, I had to act quick to pick and hopefully "destroy" it, how annoying!

Good Luck at your trial, think positive. I know what you mean by depressing. I am the same with Saturn's contacts but I never give up. I kinda let it cool off a bit then come back to retrain, hopefully one day he finally understand that what I want him to do.

Miley is a good girl, she will come to understand the table one day, she is only young.

Have fun with her!

Marie said...

I'm sorry you're wondering "what's the point?" I've been there and it sucks.

I hope everything goes well at the trial. Maybe once you get to running you'll feel better.

Sam said...

Eek! I'm shuddering at your description of the ticks. I absolutely hate them and I hope I never have another run-in with one again..

Best of luck at the B-match. I've had those feelings, too, not about agility but about fear issues and stuff, and it's hard. But all you can do is keep on trying.

Sara said...

I'm on a three week stint of antibiotics...contracted Luke a few weeks ago. Ticks are bad news.

I hope things go well for you this weekend. I may blow off a trial on Sunday due to the heat. I kinda feel like what's the point? Neither of us will be enjoying ourselves.

Morganne said...

Good luck this weekend!

Morganne said...

Oh, also wanted to say don't get discouraged. Agility isn't easy and every dog has unique challenges. I was very discouraged last year and almost wanted to quit running Sage in USDAA. The Super Q's seemed impossible with her (we'd been trying for two years for a SQ) and I had a "why bother" attitude. Then last Fall she gets two SQ's back to back on a single weekend. So never give up!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry about the ticks - I hate ticks and can't stop itching for days after I see one let alone have one on me or Ricky.

Good luck at the B-match today! Fingers are completely and tightly crossed that Miley will get on the table and your table problems will finally be a thing of the past! I know she can do it! It's no fun to feel "what's the point?" - I felt that over last weekend with the super hot trial. It wasn't much fun and agility is supposed to be fun if nothing else. So go and relax and have fun and see what happens!

Be safe with all the driving! Sleeping in your own bed is worth it! :)

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I'm glad that you caught the ticks early. They're so annoying. No matter what spray you have, they jump on you anyhow.

I hope you had a good experience at the Match. I've had those exact feelings of "why bother" and I know exactly how you're feeling. It's a pretty crappy thing, but I hope something good happened to let you enjoy it.

I probably would drive back and forth too. I love hotels, and Layla doesn't mind them, but they're just sooo expensive. Plus, it's a holiday weekend. The rooms might be triple what they normally would be.

Happy 4th of July!

Sara said...

That was supposed to read "lyme", not "luke"....my phone is constantly correcting my spelling and I end up saying things I didn't mean. LOL.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

YUCK I HATE ticks!!! Hey, just have fun at your trial, you guys are making progress and I know it has to be disappointting/frustrating/etc...
but you know what the heck, life would be the same no matter what class you are in, so it will come and I still say when it all just gels, you guys are going to be such a force to contend with. I know that because i know you and I can tell how determined you are and how talented Miley is. Have a fun time, and try not to put too much pressure on yourself --you guys rock!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

PS, I do have to say I really admire how patient you have been and how you just keep working away, but guess that is why you and Miley make such a great team, we should all have a huge party the day that Miley does the table and gets that elusive standard Q!!! It is going to happen.