Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh, boy!



Posted by Picasa






Posted by Picasa


Stephanie is watching a neighbors dog. I guess he has separation anxiety because look what he did to his crate and got out. Now he is having diarrhea and vomiting. I hope he didnt swallow some plastic and now its stuck in his gut some where. Ugh. I just spent an hour trying to clean their carpet. I just cant get it to come clean. It all started this morning when I was walking the dogs at the park and Stephanie called me crying. Everything is a mess and she is trying to get to her internship. Welcome to the real world. No I didnt say that. She did say she is never having pets. LOL




I am still doing dog training, I just havent blogged about it. I wasnt really getting the drive to the table ( crate) that I wanted. I tried a bunch of different treats. Then I remembered how excited she gets with breakfast. She must love the can food they get in the morning. So Ive been using that with pretty good success. This morning I sent her over the dogwalk and was going to send her on to the table (crate) after she did her 2o/2o. Oops, she jumped the contact and went straight to the table. So its one of those good news, bad news thing. Good news she went to the table, bad news she didnt stop on the dogwalk.


I went to class last Thursday. I did both the novice and master class. We worked on weave pole entrances. We did the exercises from pages 84-87 of Exercise Sourcebook 2. Miley did really well and got most of the entrances. I was really surprised when she got the 3rd exercise(F) on the page shown below.




She jumped on and off the table. No surprise there. So the rest of the time I just made her sit right next to the table. She didnt have a problem with that.


This weekend we are going to a USDAA trail. Its a small trial and the site is tight and outside. The trail is in the evening and starts at 6pm. Weird huh? They are trying to avoid the heat. But its usually just as hot in the evening as it is during the day. The bad thing is your run maybe after midnight. LOL I hope I can say awake. The good news is its at the beach, so Im going to extend my stay a few days .



6 comments:

Dawn said...

Good luck with the trial this coming weekend! Are you going to send Miley to the table on any of your runs there? Should be interesting at night!

Hope the neighbor's puppy is OK!! I'm sure they will understand, they must have known this might happen.

Sara said...

Poor Stephanie. I hope they give her a good tip.

Night trials are weird. The one I went to didn't even have lights. We were running in the dark! I did like not having to deal with sun block though.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I want to go to a trial that starts at night!!! I wonder why we cant have those here? Staying at the beach...I want to come and trial with you!!! Wouldnt that be fun? LOL, for me anyway. Hey, Miley is jumping on the table, that is pretty terrific. Breeze used to do things like that with the crate, she had some seperation anxiety sure hope that guy did not hurt himself with the plastic, yikes.

I really wanted to say THANKS so much for your nice comment, you knew just the thing to say and it really made me feel better and helped put things into perspective, I really appreciate knowing you as our blogger friend and I really appreciate your support. THANKS!

Sam said...

A night time trial at the beach? That sounds really cool. I kind of wish they would experiment with different times like that here - it is usually cooler in the evenings here. Good luck and keep cool!

Thanks for posting those courses. I don't have access to a lot of equipment at my training hall when I do rentals, so I'm always looking for short sequences with simple equipment.

Chris and Ricky said...

Hope the neighbors dog is going to be ok - poor guy! Poor Stephanie too.

I was just thinking about Miley and the table this morning and wondering how the crate/table training is going. It is great that she is getting on the table!

There is no way mom could handle a trial at night! She is tired by 9:00 and would never make it to midnight! Hope you guys do well!!!

Smooth Sailin Agility said...

Okay, you might think I'm psycho, but you might suggest a Thunder shirt for the separation anxiety. Our 12 year old BC does NOT like Thunderstorms and we've noticed a big improvement in the last 3 storms. I think it's based on the concept from the book, "Animals Make Us Human." A fantastic read!

As far as your table, does Miley 'love' to tug? If so, then you might want to play some tugs games on the table. If not, working for meals is great! Then add a few distractions! Good Luck! Tammy