Friday, July 30, 2010

Class and other things.




I know these pictures arent great but I took them last night on the way home. It was about 10:30pm and I was beat. The sky looked awesome and I pulled off on several exits to try and take pictures. But the exits kept having all the trees and I couldnt see the sky. So I finally found an exit where I could still see the sky but there were still those traffic lights. Sorry, I was just to tired to try another exit. And then I either over exposed them or under exposed them,. Ugh. It was irritating.

I went to class last night. I did the novice class and the masters class. We did the Karen Holik exercises in Feb.2010 Clean Run. It was funny, in the novice class where the sequences were more open she drops at least one bar every run. And sometimes she dropped more. It was frustrating. The masters class where the sequences were tighter , she didnt drop bars. Weird. I worked the novice class with that bunny toy and the masters class with treats. I really didnt see any difference in her excitement level. I would really like to be able to use toys more in training. So Im going to work on that some more. Here is one sequence we did. I hope Meagan doesnt mind me posting this. I cant edit it because it was done with my phone.
href="">


We are still working on crate/table games. We are now up to level 4. I know its taking us a while but I wanted to make sure I was getting the drive to the table that I wanted.

Ive given up on the running a-frame. The July 4th trial I thought maybe we were on the road to actually getting it. But this last trial her a-frame was a disaster. Im tired of trying to figure it out. I know its probably better for her but the constant running the a-frame can not be good even if its low. Plus I really think she needs to stop on both the DW and the a-frame because she cant seem to separate the two.

Lastly, Im taking Miley to the vet tomorrow. She has been doing this weird skip when we walk at the park. Its really not that noticeable, but I can see it. Ive spent lots of time video taping her walking trying to get it. I have a few short tapes that demonstrate the skip. I cant post it because its on my phone and I didnt flip the phone sideways so when it post to youtube, its sideways . Ugh. Also that she dropped so many bars last night at class has me worried. And lastly, she right back leg keeps making this cracking sound when she jumps on the couch or ottoman.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I hope Miley is ok. Let us know how she makes out at the vet.

I thought she looked great in the video.

Chris and Ricky said...

I loved watching you and Miley run that sequence in your class! It was awesome and Megan is so supportive!! Love, love that!

Sorry you think Miley might be hurting. I sure hope you find out it's really nothing when you go to the vet. We'll be thinking about you guys!

Lots of dogs do 2o2o on the aframe - don't worry. I am glad you made a decision and can now just stick with the 2o2o for both aframe and DW. No more stressful retraining!(hopefully - LOL!)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Umm, hope that skip is nothing much, Lizzie does a weird skip when she herds. Wonder since you said the novice class is where Miley was dropping bars if it was because it was easier so you were able to hurry more so she was just able to open up and go without thinking about it as much or is it when she is doing a lot of extension that she gets going fast, not taking as much time with figureing out the jumps, Lizzie is like that big time, with collection she is probably collecting herself and slowing down and paying attention to the bars more?. Just wondering if that is why there are more bars down when it seems easier. We are in Crate Games land here with three dogs doing it, and actually we are having some fun, LOL, but it is a lot of crate games. I think retrains are soooo hard, and I am with you I worry about the running aframes when you have to do so many reps, seems like that sort of takes away the saving their body thing.
Hey Miley looks terrific, great sequence.

Sam said...

What a cool picture of the lightning!

The whole video wouldn't load for me (my internet connection can be moody sometimes), but the part that I got to watch looked great! Fingers crossed that Miley's skip is just another one of her defining attributes. She sure looks OK while on the course.

Unknown said...

Hope Miley's weird step is not causing any pain and it's all ok. Please let us know what the vet said.

Miley did such a great job in the video! I think Miley thought novice was too easy therefore she was more relaxed about it, but she did great in masters class!

Marie said...

I love watching Miley too. I hope that the vet visit eases your mind and that it's nothing serious.

I gave up on training a running Aframe with Dare too. I just couldn't get the striding, and I'm not willing to have such an inconsistent contact performance.