Wednesday, July 21, 2010

24 hours later

On Friday at the trial I had to stay at a hotel. I took the above picture the next morning at the hotel across the canal.
I had planned to go home on Wednesday to help Stephanie get ready for her trip. She is going on a mission trip with the church. But then I decided to go back Tuesday afternoon so we could spend a little more time together. Everything has started to kinda fall apart. Around 12noon Miley started having diarrhea. Then when driving back home, she vomited in the car. Then when we got home the diarrhea and vomiting continued. I had to get up in the middle of the night and clean the carpet. Also, Stephanie started with a sore throat. Ugh! Not right before you leave the country. She felt terrible when she got up this morning. She felt hot but her temp. was only 99.3, so no fever. I decided to take her to the doctor just to be sure. So at 7:30am we are at the doctor. They tested her for strep and mono. Both were negative. They gave her a shot of antibiotics just in case the plated strep comes back positive in 3 days. Stephanie seem to feel better by this afternoon. So that is good. But poor Miley still isnt her self. She isnt vomiting anymore but she wont eat and is just hiding in my room. So I took her to the vet. They just think something has irritated her gut. They gave me antibiotics and some anti-nausea medication too. Hopefully she'll feel better soon too.
Its funny, 24 hours ago everything was peaceful and relaxing. How quickly things change.

9 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Things do change so quickly, don't they? Well at least Stephanie is feeling better and hopefully Miley will too once the medicine kicks in. Hope she can get back to eating soon too.

Hang in there! Tell Stephanie to have a great trip!

Sara said...

I sure hope Stephanie continues to feel ok while she's traveling.

I hate stomach issues in dogs. They're the worst, and why do they seem to linger? I hope Miley is on the mend soon.

Take care of your girls.

Jules said...

That's a lovely picture of Miley. It is scary how quickly illnesses come on. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

AC said...

Ugh, it's so hard when everything seems to get tough at once. Good to take everyone to the doctor/vet just to be sure. I hope the next 24 hours brings a quick recovery for everyone.

Mama Dash said...

oh dear. hope everyone feels better soon!

LauraK said...

I swear, your dogs are PROS at posing for the camera :) It's great!

Sorry to hear about all the happenings in the last 24 hours. I hope everyone is back to their normal selves in another 24!

Lian said...

Hope Miley feels better soon. Glad Stephanie is fine. What a worried for you.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Well thank heavens your daughter didnt get sick right AFTER she got out of the country like that!!! Glad she got all fixed up before she left and glad poor little Miley is doing ok, hopefully she will be back to 100% right away, we will be keeping our fingers and paws crossed that everyone is back to health really quickly.

Dawn said...

That's a lot to handle all at once! Hope everyone (including you!) is fine now!