Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When it rains....

Its a cool day, well sort of. No sun so its a little bit of a break. I trained Miley this morning. We worked on the running a-frame. Meagan thought I should put the box back on the ground and work on decelerating but her still 2 hitting. She did very well. I , did not. I added other obstacles to make the grid box work more realistic. What I found out when I watch the tape was, I'm sending her over the jump with my inside hand and outside leg. I couldnt figure out why sometimes she was turning the wrong way over the jump. I wonder how long Ive been doing that. Im not sure I will ever get this all figured out. Here is some of the video of the grid work.

">
( apparently I dont know what day it is???)

Yesterday we worked on 270's, serps and threadles. And also just running by jumps and not taking them unless I cue them. She had trouble with that if she was to my right but not on my left. Weird.

After training we came inside. I was sitting on the couch and I heard Miley yelp. I got up quickly and went to her. All of a sudden she was trying to poop, in the house. What the heck? So she pooped and then ran out the doggie door. I thought maybe she had eaten some plastic, which she has done before and can be painful coming out. But I checked her poop and it looked normal. Then I went outside to see what she was doing. She had pooped on the deck and it was loose. Otherwise she seemed ok. She came back inside. About 30 minutes later I closed the back door and took a shower. Well I guess while I was in the shower, she had to go again. Where did she go, the old carpet, any of the numerous cheap throw rugs all over the house? Nope, on the new carpet that I had put in last year in the living room. Its blocked off with X-pens ( so no dogs could vomit or use the bathroom on it) but they are in a zig-zag pattern. Well where it zigged in, that small patch of new carpet, looked like a good spot. Ugh, that figures doesnt it? I cant have anything new or nice because either the dogs or kids wreck it. Ugh. Anyway, I cleaned it up. I dont think you can see anything. Im not sure why she yelped when that happened, it was just so weird. And then pooping inside when the back door was open. She seems ok this afternoon.

6 comments:

Morganne said...

Nice!!!!
Love the flip into the tunnel.

Sara said...

Wow, that running contact really takes a long time to train. I admire your perserverence.

My dogs always have their "accidents" on the carpet too. Why can't they do it on the vinyl floor?

Chris and Ricky said...

OMG - so we have to think about our outside and inside legs too? That's it - I quit! LOL!

Very beautiful flip into the tunnel!

Sorry about the poop on the new carpet. Wonder what was going on with Miley?

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, that was weird with Miley and the poop. Wonder what was up with that? I know how you feel about having nice things, I experience very similar frustrations ;-). Miley looks great, is it this weekend that you said you were trialing?

Diana said...

Kathy, yes its this weekend. Its indoor at a place we have never been before. Diana

Marie said...

I hope the trial this weekend goes well. Maybe it was just a fluke that Miley was feeling odd yesterday.