Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What to do?

You know whats irritating, besides teenagers, how much quality my pictures loose when I up load them. I dont get it. I see other peoples pictures and they look awesome. Mine look awesome on my computer but then when I load them, they are ok but they loose that crispness. I dont know how to fix it. Ive tried everything I can think of.
I found a new spot at the park. I hadnt gone down there because you have to go down this bank that has lots of brush and tree roots. So you know the whole snake thing. But today I did it. Man I wish my dogs liked water. This would be a great spot. I would love to take action shots of my dogs running, swimming and jumping. O'well, what can you do. Next time, my sheltie will be a swimmer.





















Miley's a-frame is giving me fits. The only way she is going to clearly hit the yellow contact is if she does three strides on the downside. If she two hits she just barely hits the yellow and most of the time she misses. At the trial last week, the only times she hit the yellow was when she had 3 strides on the downside. I feel like I've got the hope and pray method, not a good method to have. I feel like everything is falling apart. Maybe Im just tired.

That German Shepard Stephanie is watching has finally stopped having diarrhea. They told her to put him in the bathroom and he started eating the moldings. So I went out and bought a metal pan to put in the bottom of his crate. Hopefully he wont destroy it. He also wouldnt eat for a couple of days. I had Stephanie add just a little vegetable broth to his food and he finally ate it. I hope that doesnt effect his stomach.

11 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Your photos are great! Looks like a perfect swimming spot - my dad would love it!

Miley's aframe will come - don't get discouraged. Take a little break from it and then you can start again fresh!

Natasha said...

Love those photos of the spider web!! I'm glad that the GSD is feeling better.

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Your pictures always look amazing. I was meaning to ask you what kind of camera you have because they look professional. It does look like a beautiful swimming spot. I wish there was a place like that near me.

Good luck with Miley's A-Frame. I'm sure it'll come. You guys are great and are a very inspiring team to watch.

Diana said...

Amy, I have a canon rebel xs. Thanks for the compliment. Diana

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Your pictures are amazing. See you should come here and take a private with Rachel Sanders, ;-) wonder if you could email and do an internet consult showing her the videos and what is going on? I am sure she would have enough experience with lots of dogs doing the method that maybe it is a very easy quick fix and you could save yourself a lot of time going to the source???
You could teach Miley to swim, I had to teach Chloe and amazingly she is pretty good now. All my dogs except for Cricket were taught to swim, and Breeze, Chloe, Lizzie were all taught as adults, hey you need more things to work on with dog training dont you, LOL!!!! I just laugh because if your training list looks like mine...yikes I could keep busy until the end of time and still be behind in all the things I am trying to train.

Dawn said...

I was just ooohing and ahhhhing over your header, waiting to see your post and was so surprised that you didn't like your photos! I think they are glorious! The header is exceptional!! I guess no one likes their own stuff as well as they like other stuff...like we don't like pictures of ourselves maybe? :)

I hope you figure out the A-frame, you have a trial coming up,right?

I'm still in Alabama and missing my girl.

LauraK said...

I always love your photos- I think they're very crisp and professional looking. Your new header picture is absolutely beautiful, your dogs are beautiful "posers".

That poor German Shepherd, sounds like he's having a rough time of it. And your poor daughter for having to stress about it. Hope his owners come home soon!

Sara said...

If your photos are even better on your computer, they must be absolutely amazing! I do know that every time you upload/download, it does lose quality.

You work harder than anyone I know, so I can see why you would be frustrated with the A-Frame. You're entitled to having a "woe is me" kinda week if you want! We'll listen. LOL.

Marie said...

I always think your photos look great Diana! I love the spider webs. Dawn had a really cool spider web shot this week too.

As for the Aframe. I've been watching Miley's training on this with real interest because I wanted Dare to have a running Aframe like my older girl Zoe. Unfortunately, her striding is just not coming along like I'd like. Just when I think it's getting a little better, I take the aids off to test it...and she's right back to either barely being in the yellow or bailing right above it.

I felt like if it's possible to really modify striding at all, you and Miley would be the ones to figure it out. You two are so dedicated and you always stick with your training. It's really cool.

Personally, I'm really debating at this point whether I am willing to have such an inconsistent contact performance with Dare. I might change my mind and retrain a 2o/2o even though it's not my first choice.

Anonymous said...

I concur - your pics are absolutely amazing! The one the otner day with Miley standing near the blue water - I meant to comment on that - was fabulous! Heck, they are all fabulous.

Diane

Oscar Marin said...

Wow your photos are awesome. Love the location and the dogs. I work with Louis from the Costa Rican office. Happy birthday!! And greetings from Costa Rica

Best Regards