Monday, July 26, 2010

When its too hot

to do anything else. Try proofing your dogwalk contact. After our last trial and Miley consistently blowing her dogwalk contact, I had to do something. I tried a bunch of stuff to get her to fail and blow the contact at home. Like a bowl of spaghetti a few feet from the end of the dogwalk contact, nope didnt work. Guiness running around barking like a manic, nope didnt work. So I tried to think of things that get Miley really excited. The two I thought of were, cars and the vacuum. Well I cant bring a car in the backyard and that could be dangerous anyway. But the vacuum.... I decided to bring the end plank of the dogwalk into the house. The first runs, I just went to open the closet where the vacuum was kept. That didnt do it. Now when I brought the vacuum out, that got her excited. So watch the video and see what happens. You may want to turn down the volume. ( P.S sorry to my husband who works out of the house).

">



">

10 comments:

Sara said...

LOL, LOL, LOL.....

I didn't know what to look at, Miley, you vacuuming, the crate rocking, the chihuahua, Guiness killing the toy....LOL.

Thanks for the laugh. Your husband is a saint.

Sam said...

I love Guiness in the background, playing with his toy, probably wondering why a piece of the dog walk is in the house and the vacuum is on.

Good thinking, though! I hope it works!

Chris and Ricky said...

So are you saying that when it's too hot, you lose your mind? LOL! I have now seen it all! :)

But seriously, excellent idea on proofing Miley's contact - gosh if she can hold her 2o2o with the vacuum running, she can hold it no matter what!

Did you see the article on training the table in the August Clean Run? I have only skimmed it so far but it looked to me like there might be some ideas for you (unless you have already tried them).

Unknown said...

I agree with Sara!! So many distractions for us :) LOL
I liked the concept of an outdoor sport in your living room!
Eva goes CRAZY MENTAL when she hears the vacuum and we still don't know how to stop it.

Dawn said...

I've watched this twice and couldn't concentrate, but Miley did! LOL!

LauraK said...

What a great idea! You've got a very busy household, Guiness is hilarious with that toy in the second video! Miley's dogwalk with be proofed in no time!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Looks like a really wild afternoon at your house, LOL. That is some real training! Too funny.

AC said...

Haha! Perhaps a bit of cabin fever? I'll try to blow some cool weather your way!

OBay Shelties said...

And people say my husband is a saint! You are all crazy! :-)

Lian said...

Blimey! That's a mad house! I love your way of proofing!