Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 3, my lucky day.

Today didn't start off too lucky. I went to bed about 11:30 last night. Miley was freaked out because of the fireworks. About 1 or 2am she kept barking. I finally turned on the TV to block out what ever noise she was hearing to cause her to bark. Then Stephanie came in my room at 4am to tell my she couldn't sleep. At 4:30am, thunder storms. At 5am I got up. So I was very tired. I'm on the road by 6am, its pouring down rain and Im thinking , "Why did I enter fast?". My ring started at 7:45. I was the 2nd or 3rd dog in Open Fast. There wasn't anyone to video. No one was in the stands, weird. Anyway, my goal was to practice weaves since she was having problems and opposite arm tunnel entrance cues.
I didn't plan a very difficult course but she ran beautiful and did everything perfect. We "Q"ed and got our open fast title. WhooHoo starting off 2010 with a "Q". See, our lucky day! Then we had a long 6 hour wait until our next run. So look what I found. This cool picture frame!

Isn't it neat, it looks like a PVC jump. I love it. Wasn't that lucky? Then, I was walking Miley and saw this.


I had to go all the way back to get my camera. I cant believe the bird was still there. See, lucky.

Then it was finally time from my Excellent JWW run. All the dogs were running great.
I planned my course. I was planning to do a front cross after #5 and that's how I walked it. But after watching people run and I never really felt comfortable with the front cross there. It would be difficult to make it. So I decided I would post turn it and tell her tight. Anyway then we ran. I was such fun. When we were coming down the line and she took #15 and I thought, man we might do this. And bam, off course. Man , so close. but still a fun run. LoL



">

Next was our Open Standard run. I found a quarter on the ground right by the first jump. See, lucky. Today was table day.

(The video is at the bottom of the post. I couldnt get it to post right here .)





This was such a fun run too! I realize she didn't get right on the table. She jumped off and circled me. But I was able to stop her and get her on. WhooHoo. I know my table problems are far from fixed but here is a start. To bad we didn't do the weaves right. Not sure what that was about. But we got the right tunnel entrance. She really is creeping down the a-frame. I'm not sure what that's about it either. Something else to work on. But today was the most fun we have had yet.
Then the rain stopped and the sun came out and I got some great pictures.
Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">
And now I'm exhausted. ">

10 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Well - Happy New Year!! What a great way to ring in the new year! Lots of really good stuff happened to you today! I loved seeing you smiling at the end of the JWW run! I love the photos of Miley and I think the bald eagle is just way too cool! Glad you had such a good day!

Sara said...

That frame is so cool. Have to show it to Jeff to see if he can make me one!

I've only seen an eagle in the wild once, and I'll never forget it! How cool!

You sure did have a lucky day! Congratulations on all three runs, and for staying focused on all the postives...because there were so many positives! You both looked like you were having fun. Great job!

LauraK said...

Sounds like you had a fun day, but I'm sure that you're glad to be home and resting :) Agility trials are SO exhausting, especially since you have to sit there all day with so much time between runs.

Congrats on your title- what a great way to start the year!

Dawn said...

So cool! All of it! She stuck her stay at the start on the JWW run! And when she jumps it's as if she's flying, she's in the air so long!

The eagle is beautiful, and I love the picture of Miley with the ferns!

Congratulations on an awesome day!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow that first weave entrance was GORGEOUS, and CONGRATS on the table, so sorry about the not sleeping, that sounds like a miserable night when you know you have to get up and function, but you pulled it off and sounds like you had a great day. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Jules said...

What a great day!! Way to start the new year right.

Kim said...

What a great way to start the New Year!

I love the pictures of Miley in the tree.

Lian said...

Well done!

New year, good start! WooHoo!

Way to go Miley!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! I am in love with the picture frame. Way too cute!
I don't do agility with my great dane, but I love watching others do it. I'm looking forward to new updates on your blog.

Marie said...

Congratulations on the new title! I love the picture frame too. It's really cute.