Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A-frame

Its looking much better. Why? I don't know. I did add a bump at the bottom of the a-frame to make her 2o/2o position correct and comfortable. (its from that Clean run article a few months ago) Sorry, Guiness and the beagle next door are having a bark fest.

">

Im I signed up for a Debbie Gross Sauders seminar next weekend. I also have an consult with her to look a Miley. Just to make sure she isn't injured. ( I don't think she is)

Im also going to try going a few weeks without using treats on the field. Only using verbal praise. I was thinking maybe the table stress is from never getting any treats in the ring. Will see what happens with that. Im still running into the house to give treats as needed. This link below is a picture taken at the trial. So it got me thinking. Is she drooling because she is excited, stressed or is she thinking she is getting a treat at the bottom of the dogwalk? Is she that conditioned? I dont know.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orderpage.aspx?pi=1FMG004H040025&po=25&pc=240

13 comments:

Natasha said...

What a huge improvement! Beautiful AF!!

~Nat

Sam said...

Sigh, I can't tell you how confused I am about my A-Frame.. it's going to drive me nuts, I tell ya! I see Miley's beautiful contacts and I think "there's got to be a way to get Marge's 2o2o looking good".. then I actually practice and Marge either runs right off the contact or slams her poor little wrists haphazardly into the ground. Ugh!

This is great improvement, though. Much more speedy, much less creep-y.

Diana said...

Sam, the reason Im not doing a running contact is Ive already tried it. Its how I first trained Miley. But we would get to a trial and she jump off the contact way above the yellow. She would do one hit and fly off. I felt she was going to hurt herself that way. So I changed to a 2o/2o. Lots of dogs do running a-frames and are very successful at it. You may try a running contact and see what happens. Diana

Sara said...

So, you've tried Pavlov's experiment out on your own. Instead of ringing a bell to see if your dog would drool, you make your dog do a dogwalk. LOL. I'm going to laugh about that one all day.

Her A-Frame is looking much better. Maybe she is getting accustomed to the new slats.

Dawn P said...

I like the idea of that pool noodle at the bottom. Have to try that with Shasta. Good luck at the seminar. Deb is great.

Chris and Ricky said...

Your seminar next weekend should be very good and interesting. Looking forward to your post about all the things you learn!

Diana said...

Dawn, it was a pool noodle ( the bigger ones) that I cut in half. In the article they use a PVC pipe cut in half. I have those but couldnt find them and I was freezing so I just took the pool noodle. If its windy, it will blow away. But it worked for what I needed. Plus I was worried about her stepping on it and I felt it would be softer on her feet and legs . Diana

Jules said...

I like DGS a lot. She is sure to have some insight into Miley. Enjoy!

OBay Shelties said...

Zen often drools when she does agility due to the exitement and barking! :-) It has nothing to do with food as we do not often use food anymore.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That will be a GREAT seminar, hope you have a good time this weekend doing that and blog a lot of great things you learn ;-). Aframe looks GREAT.

Lian said...

The thing at the bottom of the AF is looking very good. Miley's contact is fab! I like the trial photos, she looks like a stunner!

Sara said...

I went back and looked at all the trial photos from that run. They were all great photos. The photographer really captured her love of the game.

Sarah said...

the bump looks to be working - nice!!! neat to see it in use!