Saturday, January 16, 2010

To Tired




Miley is an early bird. She was up and ready to go starting at 5am. Ugh! By 6:45am I couldn't take it anymore. How was she going to make it through the seminar which I figured would be a lot of crate time. So what did I do, I took her to a park. It was early so that first picture is what the sky looked like when we got there. I'm glad no one came in and killed me, you know a wacko. It was freezing, but I threw the ball for 30 min. She must have had a lot of energy to go that long without stopping. Up and down this football field. Doesn't she look like I photo shopped her into the picture. It looks weird. But she was much calmer after that. The seminar was interesting. Im learning alot about structure. I'm understanding it much better this time then the time with Chirs Zink. I'm not sure why. There is a huge and I mean huge Irish Wolfhound in the seminar. He weighs 164lbs and 34 inches at the shoulders( he looks bigger). I cant help it, I just keep staring at him. The owner probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Ive never seen a dog this big before. Debbie Gross Sanders even took a picture of him on the ball. She didn't take any pictures of any other dogs. So that says something. I'm exhausted tonight. I hope I do better tomorrow since I have to drive 4 hours home after the seminar. Ill write more later.

7 comments:

Sam said...

30 minutes of straight fetch? Impressive!

Dawn said...

Wow! Hope you're sleeping tonight! Acutally hope MILEY is sleeping, cause if she's not, you're not! LOL!

I've NEVER thrown a ball for 30 minutes, but she sure looks like she enjoyed it! Glad the seminar went well!

Sara said...

Oreo would play ball for 30 minutes too, but then take a long nap.....

Can't wait to hear about the seminar. I remember the first time I saw an Irish wolfound, and couldn't figure out what the heck it was! A dog or a pony?

Unknown said...

She sure has a lot of stamiina!

Chris and Ricky said...

Mom wishes I would fetch like that so that she wouldn't have to walk me or play running games with me all the time to help me get some exercise!

The park must've been very pretty that early in the morning! Sorry about the lack of sleep - be careful driving home today!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, sounds like a good weekend but a long one for you. My aunt raised and showed Irish wolfhounds and bassets of all things. They are huge dogs. That would be something to see him on the ball, LOL. I think structure is really interesting, you are lucky to get to go to the seminar-sounds like some good info.

Marie said...

Would have been an interesting seminar. You know, I never really paid that much attention to the structure of my dogs until I got into agility. Amazing how many things we take for granted when we don't know better. Now even though I love Layla dearly her structure is a concern to me. It's definitely something I considered before getting Dare.