Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good bye #2

Yes, I had to put the other ferret down today. I knew it wouldn't be long after the first ferret went. When we lost the first ferret, I thought that this ferret might start feeling sad and do worse. But for the next few days , she did really well. So then I thought the other ferret had been stressing her out acting all weird all the time. But for the last 4 days she hasn't been doing well. She usually will have a bad morning or bad day and the next day seem better. But not this time. She either hasn't been able to get out of her bed and went to the bathroom in it. Or I would find her in the litter box unable to get out. She hasn't been leaving the cage either. Today I called Banfield but both the vets that see ferret were off. When I got home, I checked her. She was lying in the bottom of the cage and had gone to the bathroom on herself. It was bad. I washed her and then called another vet. They said they would see her. It was hard to wait in the vets office. I felt bad about wanting to put her to sleep and also worried that they would say, " she not sick enough to put down". But when the vet came in he said, "she looks like sh.." ( Inside I thought "O, Thank god, I'm not crazy ". He said he had no problem putting her down. She was really dehydrated so they had to inject her into her abdominal area. She went to sleep quickly but it took about 4 minutes for her to stop breathing. Poor Veasel. I'm sure she is much happier now.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Man! You've had a lot to deal with lately! I was wondering today if losing the first one made the other one sad. But we can hope they're together now. And maybe both of them are running around and playing and destroying stuff just like they love to do!

LauraK said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least they both had a good life with a loving family :)

Morganne said...

I am so sorry.

Sara said...

Diana,
Boy, this has been a tough time. I'm so sorry.

Sara

Chris and Ricky said...

So sorry....

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had to lose both ferrets in such a short time. I'm also very sorry that you had to worry about the vet thinking you were crazy for putting them down.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry :(

Nicki said...

Sorry about your ferret. At least they are together now.

Sam said...

Really sorry to hear about ferret #2. You had two hard decisions to make, but at least now they're both at peace.

Lian said...

I am so sorry, Diana. This is a hard time for sure. Big hug across the ocean to you.

Marie said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of the second ferret.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am so sorry. Glad the ferret is out of pain and at peace...Glad she had a good life and you were a good friend to her.