Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today's Practice



This was the course from the Beaufort Kennel club trial. I had to rewrite the course map because I wrote all over the other one with all my mistakes and what I needed to correct it. LoL I wanted to rerun the course because I handled it really bad the first time. And this time to. I tried multiple things to get her into the weaves, front cross after #5, rear cross #4-5, should pull with deceleration, none of these things worked to get her into the weaves. Then I broke down into a smaller sequence and front cross after #4 but before #5 and she was perfect in the weaves. Hmmm. How could I get there in time even with a lead out. That's when I tried the rear cross, it didnt work. So I will have to go for that front cross after #4. It worked beautiful.Perfect weaves. She also got the correct tunnel entrances for both tunnels, whoohoo. At the end of the second video the owner of the field let this horse out that was apparently very happy to be free. He was kinda wild. Thank goodness there was a fence between him and Miley. I did use it to work on Miley coming but lets be real. If the fence hadnt been there, she wouldn't have come back.
The first video is everything that didnt work.
">

Second video. At the end of the video the horse only comes by twice Im not sure why I didnt edit out the end of the video.


">

I had my camera but I was messing around with the setting earlier. Miley is sometimes so washed out when the sun is bright. So I had changed all the setting trying to figure out what to do. So that I was able to take the picture at all was amazing. I could have change to all auto but I didnt realize what setting it was on until I was done. Luckily it was in RAW format so I could lighten it up alot.

9 comments:

LauraK said...

Looks great! I'm glad that you were able to work through it and get the sequence to flow smoothly. That's awesome that you have a big field that you can just set courses up in- I would love to have that! And, I must say that the horse part was rather funny :) He was really kicking up his heels!

Sara said...

Holy crap, that was one wild horse. Misty would have been a crazy dog.

Miley looked great in the sequence. I'm glad you were able to figure out the best way to handle it with Miley, and go home on a successful note!

Lian said...

Miley looks great!

Chris and Ricky said...

You guys are looking good and way to go on figuring out the best way to get Miley into the weaves!

The horse coming out and kicking up his heels was so cool (I know not for agility training) but mom loves horses and she really enjoyed seeing him come out and have such fun! I would've never come back to mom even with the fence, so Miley did well at controlling herself!

Dawn said...

How fun! Do you pay a fee to use the field? Or is it part of your agility club? So cool to be able to use that space, even with the horse!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I forgot to say yesterday those pictures you posted were gorgeous. You really are a good photographer. Looks like a great practice and what great distractions that field has for you, LOL

Diana said...

Dawn, to use the field we only pay a 75.00 for the year. Its a great deal , to bad its so far from my house. Its 35 miles to get there. Diana

Dawn said...

Still, a very good thing to have it, and worth the miles!

Marie said...

That horse just cracked me up. Nice you were able to use it as a training opportunity as well.

The sequence looked good. You are doing a really nice job figuring out how you need to handle different challenges on the course.