Monday, January 11, 2010

Sundays class





I took a double class on Sunday. Both class courses were based on this month clean run "Nested Courses for a small universe". First I took the novice /open class. Both class courses rocked. Meagan had to change a couple of pieces of equipment. I'm posting how we ran the set-ups. So the measurements may not be right. Use the course map from clean run for the right distances.








I did a lead out to almost the end of the teeter. After releasing her and her getting on the teeter I front crossed and brought her over #3, and then sent to #4 tunnel. I stayed on the left side of the weaves and tried to call her into tunnel #5. Nope, straight into the wrong end of the tunnel. So we practiced a few times calling her name when she was about 1/2 way through the tunnel,then click and treat when she head checked me coming out of the tunnel. Then we ran it over and she got it . WhooHoo. Everything was straight forward the rest of the way. She was a wild woman. Lots of energy and big circling when I first got there and took her off leash.


Here is the second course we ran for the novice open class.


The first time I front crossed after #4 I landed right in front of the tunnel and thats where she went. Whoohoo, she was flying. We ran it again and it was perfect. (At least it was in my mind). No weave problems today!



Next was the excellent class.





First we ran 1-11. When I went down the line for # 4 and #5 I was pulling to the right trying to make sure she went in the correct tunnel entrance that she pulled off the jumps and started weaving. LoL, oops. Then the tricky stuff starts. #10 to #11. I tried telling her "tight, weave" as she came out of the tunnel but nope, she shot straight into the next tunnel. Whoohoo, she was flying. So again we had to practice calling her name when she was about 1/2 way through the tunnel and click and treat when she head checked . After a couple of practices, she got it and I pulled her into the weaves. Then we did 10-20. Our next trouble was coming out of the tunnel #15 and getting into the weaves #16. I tried calling her name and turning into her so she would collect, but she was flying. So I had to finally front cross after sending her in the tunnel and then rear cross after sending her into the weaves. So a double cross. And then front crossing again to get her into the next tunnel # 17. These two classes were so much fun and a work out. Miley did a lot of weaving and a-frames. She had great weaves until the last time we ran. I think she was finally getting tired. She didn't even mind getting in the car to go home.

Today we took a break from every thing. Miley needed a rest after yesterday. Ive been trying to keep my mind off the little Yorkie. We took her back to the vet this morning. Ive been feeling bad about it all evening and I'm having to stop myself from going and getting her. I really want her to get a good home. She such a sweet happy little thing. She loves to play.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, Miley.

Hope the little yorkie could get a good home ASAP!

Sara said...

So happy you had a good class, I'm sure it was a huge stress reliever. Plus a good class makes the drive home so much better, doesn't it?

Poor little yorkie.

Chris and Ricky said...

Your class sounded really intense! Lots of difficult stuff - a straight tunnel like that with a super fast dog like Miley - wow! Glad to know it went well and Miley had fun and got worn out!

Yes, poor little Yorkie. I am surprised someone hasn't come to adopt her yet.

Dawn said...

Way to go Miley! Nothing like a great set of classes to wear out a super fast Sheltie!

I hope the Yorkie gets adopted this week so you can feel better about her! She's so cute it's odd she hasn't been chosen yet!