Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bye Veasel





I put the ferret to sleep last night. Not the one with the insulin problem, the other one. Really neither of them were doing well. But the adrenal gland tumor one was really ataxic. She just kept falling over and being unable to move. It was just to sad. She had lost a ton of weight this last month. So first I video taped her just in case she seemed wonderful when I got her to the emergency vet. But she wasn't. She was still having the same problems. I had to wait a while in the room for them to come in and actually put her to sleep. So that's what the above pictures are from. Obviously not a normal ferret. Usually when you put a ferret in a room they are thinking 2 things. One, how can I escape or two, what can I destroy. LOL. But she just laid there. They put the IV in and gave her M.J. favorite drug, propofol. She seemed pretty much gone with that drug. Then they gave her the drug that is the final push. It took only seconds. I'm not sure what Bandfield was talking about when they said it takes 20 minutes. Bye sweet Veasel.

13 comments:

Jules said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Lian said...

Oh, I am so sorry Diana. I am sure you did the right thing to let her go. RIP Veasel.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry about Veasel - but she is in a better place now and no longer suffering. It doesn't make it easy though, I know.

LauraK said...

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard to say goodbye to the animals that we love so much. At least she went to a better place knowing that she had a family that loved her very much :)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

So very sorry for your loss, ((hugs))

Dawn said...

So sorry Diana. Look at that sweet face, she trusted you to do what was best for her. And even though it was very hard you did. Such a sweet girl. I wonder if the other one will miss her? I know you will.

Sam said...

Poor little thing. Godspeed Veasel. So sorry for your loss Diana.

Elayne said...

I'm so sorry, she looks like such a sweetie. It's always such a difficult decision to put a friend down but I'm sure she thanks you for it.

Michelle said...

So sorry. Rough way to start the new year. =(

Blue said...

Oh I'm so sorry. It is such a hard decision.

Sara said...

What a sweet face. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad to know you won't have to watch her suffer anymore.

Take care.

Kim said...

So sorry for your loss of sweet Veasel.

Nicki said...

SOrry about your little one. It's tough to lose them too.