Monday, January 25, 2010

Having a plan

Its amazing how much better you feel if you have a plan. A plan to try and fix things that are broken. So whats my plan. Well for my son it goes like this. By Tuesday he was to give the the name of a math tutor with the days and times of tutoring ( at least twice a week). He was to stop by the academic assistance center today and talk to them and tell them he needs help. I sent an email to the head of the academic assistance center requesting help. And guess what. Lou did it all. Maybe he is listening to me. The head of the academic center said she talked to Lou. They worked up a plan. And he was coming back that afternoon to meet with a tutor to help him with a computer class and math. He will also receive math tutoring with another person too. WhooHoo. I hope it helps. At least I know I tried and didnt just let him fail. And if he still cant make it after all this , well then he comes home. And we go from there.
Next, Mileys table. Im going to not do any tables at a show at least until April, maybe longer. Im teaching her to get on a mat thur shaping. Once she really gets it, Im going to start the relaxation protocol on the mat. Once she gets all that. Im going to transfer the mat to the table. Im going to rename the table. Not sure what name Im going to use. "mat, Hit-it," who know yet. But thats the plan.

13 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Sounds like some great plans. wow, you must feel really good with your son that he followed through pretty quickly and did what you asked-that has to make you feel great. I used the mat thing with Chloe when she was avoiding start lines and it turned into her favorite place to be-it was like magic-she did not just stop stressing she deceided she loved the start line-hope it works as well for Miley

Dawn said...

Plans are good, and yours are excellent! Best wishes to your son, I hope this works! And of course for Miley and the "not table!"

Sam said...

Great news about your son. Math is so tough - my 10th grader sister sees a tutor a lot, too.

Good luck with the tables, too - sounds like you have some great training ideas to work out.

manymuddypaws said...

plans are good, and they make you feel better!

M said...

I always feel better when I have a game plan too. Glad your son is taking your suggestions, I hope it helps.

I don't think you can go wrong doing the Relaxation Protocols and mat work. They are great! Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Sara said...

I'm so glad your son went to the assistance center. I hope he can establish a good support system there, that will help him succeed in his classes. My Dad is a math professor, and I know he really likes it when the kids who are struggling in his classes come to see him during his office hours for help. That shows they are making the effort, and that really speaks volumes in the teaching world.

Love your mat plan. I've seen other people use the mat for relaxation, but never translated it to a table. What a great idea.

Chris and Ricky said...

Your plans sound great! I love a good plan! Good luck to your son - hope the tutoring is the answer! And the mat work with the relaxation stuff sounds very promising. We'll be interested to see how it goes!

Unknown said...

Glad to know that your plans are going well and they work. Good plans and an excellent planner :)

Good luck to your son and of course, your mat plan with Miley too.

Morganne said...

Great plan! When you transfer the mat to the table, will you lower the table (first no legs - table top laying on ground, then 4" legs, etc.)?

Also, maybe not ask for any specific position on the table for awhile. Just reward getting on (when you are at the point of doing a table in competition). She jumps on, you mark it and release?

Dawn P said...

Finally ;)

Dawn said...

Hey Diana, I showed husband the latest two video clips of Miley doing agility and he smiled. He hasn't really smiled since he was forced to retire...so thanks!!

Lian said...

Plan always make you to look forward to a result, I like planning. Good Luck to your son!

I've been tried to catch up with your videos and post. I have seen a couple and Miley looks brilliant! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good planning. And good news that Lou took the initiative to talk to the assistance center. Tables.... I think they should be banned from all agility!
Diane