Monday, June 1, 2009

This weekends trial

Well Miley could finally get her height card for AKC. They had two people there to measure, so I got them both done on Saturday. It was kinda funny. First thing in the morning she measured 14 inches and then by the afternoon she was 13 1/2 inches. As long as she can jump 12 inches, I'm ok with it. She had an open jumpers run first. She did really well. Held her start line and had a good tight line through the course. Im not sure what I did but I rear crossed the double to turn her about 70 degrees into the weaves. She turned the right direction but I must have done something wrong because she zig and then zagged and ran right by the weaves, I brought her around and she went in at the second pole. O well. She was speedy and didn't drop any bars and had a tight line. So I was very happy with that run.
Next was novice standard. Yea, next, 8 hours later. She ran great. Stopped on both her contacts, WhooHoo!! She went off course over a jump. I knew that might happened and I planned to call her to get her to come in a little. I guess I was a little late because she took the off course jump and then pulled back on course. Which was tricky. I wouldn't have been able to do that again if I tried. We did get a Q, I didn't know you could go off course and Q in novice. But Ill take it.
I went back on Sunday and we started again with Open Jww. She didn't break her stay and ran fast. Again we had weave pole problems. She popped out at pole 10. That shocked me and I just stopped. It took me a second to get myself together. She ran the rest of the course great. no dropped bars and speedy. To tell you the truth I didn't feel great. But several people came up to me and said it was a really good run. So that made me feel better. I'm not going to talk about Sundays novice standard run because I already complained about it. She did stop again on both contacts. WhooHoo!!

I did order 2 pictures from Saturday. They will be emailed to me. I also bought a t-shirt. I didn't have anyone video my runs. But a friend said she got my novice run for Saturday on her camera and she will email it to me.

Just a last little note about the judge. She wasnt mean to me or anything. And didnt say it harsh. When she grabbed Miley, she just kinda held her on each side, and didnt pick her up or anything. I really didnt give it much thought until I found out we were eleminated.

5 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like overall you had some good runs - good contacts, no dropped bars, tight lines, good stays, fast times. So that's great! Too bad you didn't get video - I would've liked to have seen Miley going so fast!

I just got my permanent height card in the mail - that's a big relief - and now we don't have to get to the trials so so early. Glad to know Miley is a 12' dog too! Think we will ever compete against each other?

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Hey it sounds like a good weekend all in all, except for the long wait between runs on Sunday. If Miley held her start lines and got her contacts, wow, that is huge, good job!

Dawn said...

Glad you've had some time to remember some of the good stuff that happened at the trial! She sounds like she did really well!

Nicki said...

You can have an off course in standard but not in jumpers. Legend measured all over the place when I was getting her height card. If I had a dog on the border I'd really be annoyed by the discrepancies, but she didn't have a chance to get into the 16 inch class so it wasn't that big a deal-just weird

Sara said...

Congratulations on your Q's. It sounds like you had good runs, despite the sour ending.