Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The morning walk

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Do You see it?

Photobucket">

How about now?

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

I didn't finish walking that path after that. I turned around. But we had already walked pretty far so it was ok.


My son comes home today from college orientation. He is very happy to be coming back. It was stressful for him. I think is was hard because he didn't know anyone. He roomed with 3 other guys and they all knew each other. Two were cousins and the other was their friend and they all went to high school together. So he was feeling like the odd man out. While there, they had to take classes on classroom behavior. I thought this was weird. Then another class on dorm room behavior. Weird again. But I guess some kids don't know how to act. The first night some kids got arrested at his dorm. I cant even imagine that happening.Im glad they are not my kids. What were those kids thinking. The guys in my son's room went out drinking last night. At least that is what they told Lou. Maybe they were just trying t act cool. Well, if they did do that, at least they didn't do it in the dorm. The campus is alcohol free and tobacco free.

8 comments:

Jules said...

What an exciting walk! I saw a baby woodchuck on yesterday's walk with my boys - kind of pales in comparison! :D

It must be nice to have your son back!

Anonymous said...

cool pics!!! the snake looks neat...wonder what kind he is..

amanda

Sara said...

Some kids just act stupid when given their first chance at freedom.

It's too bad that they didn't set the dorm assignments up so everyone had to meet new people.

I'm sure your son will find his own niche of friends once school starts.

Cool Design Shelties said...

What and ugly snake you met on you morning walk!

//Bente

Dawn said...

I remember that feeling of not knowing people at college. Did they assign rooms (for when school starts) based on likenesses? Or was it just random? I am now best friends with my first college roommate (still after over 30 years) so I hope he has the same good experience. Even if the first semester is rough, things shake out after that, and he should be able to find someone he really wants to room with once kids settle in. I wish him well! This is a stressful time, but it can turn out to be the best of times!

Loved the first picture of the river.

Is that a rattlesnake??????

Chris and Ricky said...

What a beautiful and peaceful looking walk - until the SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathy said...

Humm, classes on classroom behavior? LOL, that is funny people have not learned all of that up until now and they feel they have to have classes for that, like you said WEIRD. LOL. That is too bad he ended up being assigned to a group of people that was not easier to get to know. I was a wreck when my son went off to school to start with worrying about how he was going to adjust.

Wow, that looks like a gorgeous place to take a walk, you really seem to live in a pretty place with a lot of really pretty places to walk, but the snakes,....I could do without those...

Blue said...

What a beautiful walk!

The snake looks like a Copperhead. Be careful with the dogs because Copperheads are venomous. They're not usually fatal, although they could be for a small dog. Actually, I think you're lucky to have seen one. They're gorgeous!