Monday, June 15, 2009

Hot as Heck

I took Miley to the field this morning to practice a course that I saw this weekend. It was on the live feed from the USDAA regionals in Pa. I'm sure the distances in obstacles aren't correct but I did the best I could. First it was hot as heck outside. At 6am the weather man said the humidity was already 90%. When we got to the field it was 83 degrees outside. My son came and helped me set up the course. It took us a good while to do that. I was already tired and very hot by that time. Now I needed to run. I really didn't feel the energy to do that but did it anyway. So here is my video of the run. I think I only ran the course 4 times. I figured we could practice the problem places at home later. We kept dropping the bar on jump #3 and the bar on the jump after the second tunnel. ( sometimes we kept them up. ) If you see what I'm doing wrong let me know. Sorry for the last video being so shaky, I think my son was hot and hungry. When we left the field it was 91 F (32.7 C) degrees. I think I'm either going to go a lot earlier or just train in the back yard. It was just to hot. After my last run, I felt sick. I told my son he was going to have to move all the tunnels and sandbags himself. I felt better in a few seconds but man that was a weird feeling. I told you I was getting old. LoL.

On another note. I went and saw the movie "UP". Very cute. Lots of dog stuff. I love when the dog, who is wearing a collar that talks, is talking and then says,"squirrel". He stops and looks for several seconds and then starts talking again. Funny. Also, they have to wear the "cone of shame" when they are bad ( the other dogs do this to each other not the owner). The "cone of shame" is the plastic cone we put on dogs to keep them from biting there stitches etc... Its also very funny. The doberman's , who is the leader, collar keeps shorting out and he has a chipmunk voice when that happens. All the dogs start laughing at him. Funny.

">

6 comments:

Kim said...

That looks like a fun course - lots of challenges.

Miley has great contacts :)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow, I can not believe Miley moves like that in that type of heat! My sheltie Chloe would slow down to a walk in that type of heat, and you were doing some pretty good moving yourself in that temperature. It looks like it would be a really fun course to practice on ....in a little cooler temperatures, LOL! Miley does great with that horse right there!

Natasha said...

You're doing a 2o2o AF now? Looks great though! What a FAAAST girl, she must be a blast! She looks so happy.

~Nat

Dawn said...

I can see that I should be giving direction WAY earlier than I do, like shouting tunnel, weave, walk it etc.

I want to see "UP!" I have brought it up with my husband at least 3 times. Maybe I will just go by myself tomorrow!

Sara said...

I watched the video to see if you were cuing Miley early on those jumps, but you guys move too fast for me to tell! Maybe she was dropping bars because of the heat.

She did great on her contacts!

I am trying to sign us up for only the early runs of our agility trials this summer. I don't want to be running courses at 3PM in the afternoon sun.

Chris and Ricky said...

Don't know how Miley can run so fast when it's so hot and humid! You either! Also she did a great job with the horses right there!