Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today

Ive been lazy about walking the dogs. I was walking them twice a day all year. But since being off from work , Ive gotten lazy. Some days they don't even get walked once. Here is a picture from this evenings walk. It just so hot outside, the dogs seem like they cant take it. Tonight it didn't seem as humid even with the temps in the 90's ( 32C) . So we manage our hour plus walk. I made my husband come to this park because the river runs right next to the path. So just in case your dog gets over heated , you are close to cold water. My husband likes the other park better because you go up and down hills . But the only water in the evening is at the hose at the front of the park. And Guiness acts like I'm killing him when I wet him down.


Earlier today I took Micky and Roxy to the vet today. Mickey needed a phenobarb level and Roxy needed her yearly done. Everyone loves Roxy. They all want to hold her. I think its because its unusual to see a merle colored chihuahua.

I did some training with Miley this morning at the field. I didn't realize I made her do so many weave poles until I watched the video. I would really like to get a Open JWW Q. We keep missing it because of one thing or another. The last trial it was weave pole problems. The trial before that is was weaves and I sent her off course. I guess we have only been to three trials this year, so not that many. But man it would be nice to get one Q in jumpers. I did notice today that I need to cue the chute much earlier or she misses it. In the video, the dogwalk is to your right and the chute is to your left.


Agility practice June 2009 from Diana Krause on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Vimeo? I need to find out about vimeo! I saw it on agility vision - but I didn't know it was something available to everyone.....

Oh yea - those were some awesome weave pole entries and great distance work.

Chris and Ricky said...

You and Miley run around out there like it's 60 not 90! Amazing! No weave pole problems at all!

Dawn said...

She is soooooo FAST! Great weaves, she looks so good, I can't imagine that you'll have trouble, but I know how it goes! She's bound to Q soon!

Lian said...

You and that little Miley has a lot of energy!! I won't be able to run around a few times without a break. You make it look so easy, I am jealous!