Thursday, June 4, 2009

One thing leads to another

I haven't been doing any training this week. In fact we haven't done our usual evening walk either. Why? To much house work to be done. My son is graduating from high school on Saturday and some of my family is coming into town. So Ive been trying to clean up my house. Is it that dirty? I guess so. I started wiping down doors, which lead to the base boards and then window ledges. Its seems like every time I clean something, I notice something else needs to be cleaned. The only good thing is my son has been home this week, no school for seniors, so he is on yard duty ( mulching, pulling weeds, and mowing). Which he isn't happy about but that's life. So hopefully by tomorrow everything will be clean and done. The real problem is my maniac dogs. I have two of the maniac ones. Miley and Mickey are fine with anyone coming to the house. They are happy and affectionate. Guiness and Roxy, not so much. I do find it interesting that the appropriate dogs are the ones I got as puppies. Guiness I got as a rescue at 1.5 years old and Roxy I got at 2 yrs. old. Anyway, Guiness and Roxy go crazy barking when someone comes to the house. Guiness actually makes me a little nervous about how crazy he is. So I usually put him on leash or lock him up. I thought about putting Roxy and Guiness in the kennel for 24 hours while my family is here but then I have to get a kennel cough vaccine. It just gets to be to much money. I do find it funny that I can take Guiness to my parents house or other peoples houses and he is fine. Lots of people around and other dogs. No problem. But at my house , big problem. I'm hoping to work on this behavior this summer. ( famous last words)

5 comments:

Jules said...

Good luck this weekend! :-)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Sounds like a really busy week, if you get to teaching the dogs to be good with other people coming to the house I could send you some other dogs to practice on ;-), LOL, mine are friendly but get so excited they bark and race around and jump all over people whenever someone comes over and it seems impossible to get them all settled at the same time. That is on my never ending list of things to train too!

Brittany said...

Oh, the behaving when company comes over is on my list of things to work on too!

Good luck on the busy weekend!

Sara said...

Oh, you must be stressed! My dogs aren't so good with company, especially Oreo.

Have a good time this weekend! Enjoy it.

Dawn said...

Good luck with all the company this weekend. It can be a lot of work! I hope all four dogs behave. Otherwise it's in the crate! Congratulations to your son!