Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This ,that and nothing much

Since I didn't do anything yesterday, I decided I would do all of it today. I went Christmas shopping twice. And I'm still not done. Some people are really easy to buy for and others ,it is torturous to buy for them. I'm still not done but I have some ideas. I also I went to make some Christmas cards. I took my USB stick to Sams club and made some cards. I couldn't make the pictures I really liked fit on the cards but the ones I did have to use were ok. I hit the click finished button and got my receipt. It will be ready tomorrow. I then realized I didn't add any words on the card. Hmm, did I skip that part. I hope it doesn't say, "Merry Christmas, insert text here". So if you get a card from me that says something like that, now you know why. I took the dogs for a long walk at the park. Its still very muddy there and everywhere. We even did the spider women extra course. But it didn't faze the dogs. After that I took Mickey and Miley to the vet. Mickey needed a phenobarbital level and Miley needed a yearly check-up. Miley was freaked out. She has never acted like that before. She just wanted to leave and keep pulling toward the door. In the room , if she could have reached the window she would have tried to jump out. Then I came home and worked on attaching the rubber slats to my a-frame. Daisy said you would have to chip out the rubber chips where the slats will go. But when I tried to do that it was wrecking the wood so I stopped. I'm trying to glue them just on top, but it doesn't look like that is going to work. I'm thinking I'm going to glue the strips to a thin piece of wood and then attach it. What a lot of work. Then I did some laundry and made dinner.

Here are some pictures at the park. None of them turned out very well but here they are.
Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">
Photobucket">

8 comments:

Sam said...

I think the pictures turned out great! Looks like a scenic place for a walk.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow, you sound VERY productive. I hope your cards turn out great. Wonder why Miley was so upset at the vets? The pictures are beautiful but gosh it does look very wet!

Sara said...

Wow. You got a lot done! Love the photo of the creek.

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - you had a busy, busy day! I like the photos too - amazing how much the water levels change throughout the year.

Good luck with putting the slats on the aframe - sounds like a huge pain in the butt but it will be worth it if it helps Miley.

Dawn P said...

Ah, Shelties and the vet. Whisper shakes uncontrollably. It's really pathetic.

Dawn said...

Wow. I'm exhausted and I only READ all the things you did yesterday! The park still looks beautiful, even at this time of year. And you know the dogs loved being out there. Inspiration. I'll take Katie to our park this afternoon!

Lian said...

The photos are lovely, it doesn't look muddy at all, at least Guiness is clean for a change!

I hate Christmas shopping, I have no ideas what to buy! Sounds like you have a lot done!

Natasha said...

Sounds like you got a lot done! Good luck with the AF slats.

~Nat