Sunday, December 27, 2009

Home again

I came back home yesterday. It was only a 3 hour drive but it felt like forever. My back was killing me last night. Now I'm nervous, how am I going to drive 8 hours to Tampa. It maybe my last year for this trial, its just to far. Right now it looks like it might rain during the trial. I just cant get away from the rain. It rained here on Christmas, 3.5 inches. My backyard is never going to recover from all this rain. Evey time you let a dog out, they come in looking like this










I messed up my a-frame by trying to glue the slats on. It must have just been to cold for the glue because if foamed up. I couldn't find anything in the directions on what temperature it had to be to use it. But it was about 50's during the day and 30's at night. I had it in the garage. I guess that wasn't warm enough. So some of the glue looks like this




So I took a Dremel tool to the glue and cut it off and sanded it down. It worked ok. But now my a-frame is really ugly. I wont post a picture of the the whole side because its just to upsetting but here is what the glue looks like after its been Dremeled.








We did manage to walk the dogs at the park this morning. I think we walked about 3.5 miles . I must be really out of shape because my legs were like rubber when I got home. I didn't walk at all at my mom's house because its just to dangerous to walk in their neighborhood. All these people just let their dogs run loose and some of them are aggressive. Scary! The park is also very muddy. There must have been a lot of water because the run off streams looked like it ran over the banks and onto the road. The creeks are about 5-6 feet below the road. It must have really rained.


In this picture the creek is just visible if you look just beyond the road. That big log is on the road, it must have been a strong current. ( if you click the picture to biggify, its easier to see)








7 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

The aframe doesn't look that bad and it doesn't really matter how it looks as long as it works, right? Sorry the glue oozed out though.

Wow - that creek must've been so high! We had a lot of rain on Christmas Eve. All the yards are super muddy.

I can't believe you are going to drive 8 hours to a trial. I really hope it doesn't rain for you. Want to hear something that will depress you further? My trial this weekend is 5 minutes from my house. I am not taking that for granted - I feel really lucky that it is so close.

Thank you for the info on the tunnels from NTI! We just got the 6 foot one (it was on sale for $90). Mom wants a longer one but this is a good start.

Sam said...

Sorry about the A-frame, though it doesn't look that bad. And hey, as long as you can use it, that's what matters most!

Sara said...

Soon you won't see the glue, because it will be covered in mud! LOL.

My backyard has been a mudpit this weekend too, luckily it is supposed to snow today.

8 hours is a long drive. I hope they change the forecast.

Anonymous said...

that is a long way to drive to play in the rain. Maybe the forecast will improve... I hope.

Diane

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OMG so sorry the glue was not co operative, ;-(. I am with Sarah though, after a few days you will forget about it and wont notice it especially after there are all sorts of paw prints and it settles in. Yikes, eight hours is a long way to drive, it is a bummer to live far from everything, LOL, ask me I know!

Lian said...

That A Frame didn't look bad at all. Like Ricky's mum said, as long as it works, that's matter.

Rain? We have plenty of rain here too and I am unable to train my garden for the last 4 weeks!!! Mud, slippery ...

Michelle said...

That's a lot of rain! Wow, at least it's gone down now. Good luck at the trial, if you go. 8 Hours is a long way, but worth it if you're doing what you love!