Monday, December 28, 2009

Practice for fun


( I changed the title to the post so I didnt sound so negative)
I took Miley to the field for a short practice. I used the course map from Kathy's blog ( Agility Adventures). We had lots of problems. I had a hard time keeping her off that off course jump after the first tunnel. She would just coming flying out and take the jump even when I started saying her name when she just went into the tunnel. I back chained it but when I tried to put it all together , she would go off course again. I think we might have gotten it once that I got on video. Then I pulled her off #9 a couple of times. She had great weaves but for some reason was leaving the teeter early. Plus some other mistakes. It was weird , I felt so tired and winded running. I have a sore throat today, hopefully that doesn't turn into a bad sickness. Tomorrow I leave for Tampa. My daughter is already there visiting my brother's family. My plan for the trial is not not let her get on the table the first two days. I just want smooth runs with no craziness. Then if I get that , on the last day I try for the table. The weather is looking better. Wednesday , no rain and in the 70's. Thursday and Friday, small chance of rain and in the 60's. So that is looking better.




">

">

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Good luck in Tampa!!

Sam said...

I think that you guys looked great! That's a really hard course and she was really driving on most of the obstacles. Yes you had some mistakes, but at least you know what you need to work on and it looks like you fixed mostly everything while you were there. The opening and closing are really tough!

Lian said...

Good Luck with your trial. 8 hours is a long drive! Can't wait to hear how Miley is doing!

Sara said...

Glad to hear the forecast has improved. I think your plan for the table is great. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Did you get an Element (saw it in the video)? I think that should be the Offical Car of Agility! Seems like every other person in the parking lot of agility trials has one.

Chris and Ricky said...

I really like how you were handling the opening and ending of that course! That looked difficult to me and you came up with a good strategy. Actually I thought you two looked really good - Miley is sticking her contacts all the time (remember when that was a problem), her weaves are too-die-for, - all in all she was reading you well. So I don't think it was a poor practice at all!

Good luck in Tampa, have a safe trip, and we'll keep our fingers crossed for good weather!

Diana said...

Sara, the element is my husband's car. I really like it but it lacks some of the comfort things I like.Lol Diana

Jules said...

Good lukc in Tampa! I think your table plan sounds good.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Have a great time in Tampa. Sounds like you really have a good plan for the table. I was suprised when we ran that course in class how my dog shoots out the tunnel with a plan in her head, and takes what she thinks it is, Breeze kept taking the Aframe, I love how you broke it down for Miley. Miley got that jump after the last tunnel way better then we did, that was our biggest problem because Breeze just SHOT out of the tunnel as was way past the jump plain before she checked in at all, LOL. I love how Miley just looked for and found the tunnel when you said TUNNEL from behind her, with the tunnel under the Aframe, that was pretty. You guys look great and ready to kick butt in Tampa! Good luck.