Sunday, December 13, 2009

More yesterday

It took me forever to post yesterdays video so I didn't post this one because it was driving me crazy. This video is our 2nd run in Standard. Like I said yesterday, I tried to make going to the table harder. So I made up my own course. When she missed the table, she began to circle. On the way to the table it was kinda an arc. You cant really see it on the video, but she kinda pushing out from me. It looks like she thought she was going to the tunnel. Is she avoiding the table or did she just not know where she was going. I didn't really slow down to cue collection. I brought her around and tried the same sequence again. It wasn't very smooth because I wasn't prepared to do that. This time it looks like I slowed down,and she jumped on and off the table.

">

I didn't go to the USDAA trial today. The weather is cold and rainy. It has just been miserable lately. I think its effecting my mood. I feel like I haven't been myself for a month. I'm not exercising the dogs like I use to. Between the weather and the time change, I'm struggling to fit it in. I did walk the other day and had to walk thur some large puddles and my shoes were completely soaked. So of course my toes were freezing. Plus the ferret thing. That poor ferret. Thursday evening she was screaming. Ive never heard the ferret make that noise before. I went up there and she was under the bookcase. She wasn't stuck or anything. I got her out and she just laid there with her head bent back touching her neck. She was flaccid. Not stiff, not jerking. Maybe she was having a seizure, I don't know. I put her in a blanket and put inside a small crate. I cleaned up the bookcase that I had dumped over to get her. Then she was silent. Stephanie and I looked at each other. Stephanie said, "You think she is dead". "who knows". I open the crate and up pops her head and she looks like she is saying "What, is there a problem?". Then then last night I went to give her the medicine and other other ferret was trying desperately to get out of the cage. That's weird. I let her out. The sick ferret again is just laying there flaccid. I gave her the medicine and used a syringe to give her sugar water. And then put her back in the cage. I checked her this morning, she didn't look good. This afternoon, back to normal.
I had a headache when I went to bed last night. I thought I was just tired. It woke me up a 5am. And just got worse. My husband thinks it the stress of the ferrets. I don't know. I definitely dread going up there , not knowing what Im going to find. I took a whole bunch of medicine to get rid of my headache. Finally I took one of my husband's migraine pills and a few hours later my headache was gone. To bad the whole day was wasted.
I'm not liking Christmas either. I don't want to buy any presents. None of us need anything. Isn't that a bad attitude? What kinda mother doesn't want to have Christmas for her kids? I do have something for Stephanie because she hounded me for it and I could buy it on line. But nothing for anyone else. Hopefully when Christmas break starts, Ill get in the mood.

9 comments:

Sam said...

Very strange about Miley and the table. The more I read your blog the more confused I get on the issue. Could it be some sort of anxiety reaction based on the way she started zipping around after (presumably) avoiding the table?

I actually thought I was going to have a similar problem with Marge, because for a while she really didn't regard the table as a worthwhile obstacle, but now she's giving me some good drop downs on to it.

you're not the only one who isn't feeling themselves - I've been in such a weird funk lately. The weather isn't helping.

Sara said...

Sick animals are a worry. Christmas is stressful. Winter is depressing. Headaches wear you down.

I sure hope you're feeling better soon.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Just throwing out ideas with the table, what about making it look like a different picture for a few practices or fun runs, like if Miley has a mat behavior-and if she really likes it... putting a mat on the table, I guess you could do a target if she likes those better...something to really target to and concentrate on, then you could fade it out. She almost looks like when she goes really fast she just does not understand to look for the table, and she really seems to have gotten the idea when you focus her or when you slow down, so now to just figure out how to get the same focus when she is excited and going fast. With all the work you are doing she will get it!

So sorry abut the poor ferret, that has got to take a huge toll on you.

Marie said...

Ugh! Winter is always hard for me to deal with. I don't feel like doing anything but hiding in my house. It's a real struggle to get out and do things with the dogs.

What you're going through with your ferrets is just horrible. It has got to be extremely stressful. :-(

I hope some of your stress is relieved soon.

onecollie said...

weird, I'm the same way this year, don't really feel much like celebrating Christmas....hope you feel better soon!

Chris and Ricky said...

I echo what Sara and Marie said! This is a stressful time of year and bad weather makes it worse and headaches are exhausting and sick animals are a constant worry. Try not to feel bad - you're not a bad mom or anything like that. Once your break starts and you see the sun again, you'll feel better.

Dawn said...

I think maybe you're overwhelmed with everything. Especially the ferrets. I haven't gotten anything done for Christmas either. Though I did make a list of everything that needs to be done. It's a long list. I might do it. I might not. No one says we HAVE to do Christmas - do they!? Hang in there. Maybe you and your husband can get away for a few days to somewhere warm. OH. I forgot. You LIVE somewhere warm! LOL!

Dawn P said...

It's hard to see on the video, but it looks as though Miley didn't see the table in this particular run. You were way ahead of her and in the way of the table. I wonder what happens if you give her more space? You'll have to go back and look at the videos. She seems to not like being crowded.

Christmas - bah humbug. I'm the same way, especially this year and I have no idea what to get anyone and I'm totally broke. Usually I'm good at creative cheap gifts but I can't come up with anything this year.

Diana said...

Dawn, you could be right about the crowding. We ran a sequence in a class a couple of weeks ago. Meagan had me run it again but I had to stay farther way and she ran much better. I think you also have something about stopping causing the circling. Thanks, Diana