Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Contacts and stuff

Its been raining for a couple of days. The backyard is a muddy mess except where the a-frame is. So I thought I would video tape her doing the a-frame to see if I see any weird leg issues. ( Also my lesson with Meagan was canceled ) So here it is, a couple at regular speed, one in slow motion and then the last one thrown in to be funny.( I didnt mean for the noodle to chase her down the a-frame. I had it at the apex so she dosent step there).

">

So I don't see any limping or weird leg skipping down the a-frame. I do think she does that weird leg stuff to avoid the slates. Then I decided to see what she does on the dogwalk. It looks like she misses all the slats to me. I could be wrong.

">

So have I messed her up by taking the slats off and she cant find a rhythm coming down the a-frame? Should I put the slats back on so she can learn to skip around the slats. But I don't worry about doing a-frames at home. What if I put them on and she starts all that weird leg stuff like she does on other a-frames?

In other dilemmas.... I signed up for a USDAA trial on Sunday. The only reason I did it was so there wouldn't be to much time between trials. I think this weekend will make it 3 weeks since the last trial. But then this email came out and someone is having a show and go. It will be on Saturday and is about 3 hours from my house and the complete opposite direction as Sunday's trial which is 2 hours from my house. So if I did both ,that maybe to crazy even for me. Plus the weather is iffy. And it keeps changing. First its suppose to rain and snow in Statesville and not in Charleston. Now is suppose to rain in Charleston and not in Statesville. If it rains on Saturday, they will change the show and go to Sunday. I really feel like I need to do the show and go, to be able to reward Miley on the table. So I guess that is the way I'm leaning. I wont run my dog in the rain. So if the USDAA trial has rain, I wont do that. I just hope enough people show up the the show and go to make if feel like a real trial. Its at a place we have never been, so that should help too.

6 comments:

JustRunFast said...

i vote for slats back on your aframe.... you are not going to see slatless aframes at the shows you do... and to me, its not fair to train on the slatless frame and then shock her at shows.... more chance of injury to me...

Sara said...

I think the good news is...Miley isn't injured. It does look like she has figured out how to avoid the slats on your dogwalk....adjusted her gait.

That sounds like a lot of driving this weekend. I'd say...check the doppler! LOL.

Chris and Ricky said...

Did you read the Rachel Sander's 2o2o contacts article in the Dec. Clean Run? There is info on backchaining the contact of the aframe to get the dog to put it's front feet farther out and how to adjust the back feet. It was interesting.

Maybe the show and go is the best option for this weekend to test out the table. There is always a dilemna right? LOL!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I personally vote for the show n go, but like you said maybe as the time comes closer the weather might make things more obvious. That is some crazy distraction training, LOL. I would vote for putting the slats back on the aframe but making sure they are not too high, making sure they have some caulking or something so her toes can not jam underneath them, all that stuff, so she learns to deal with them since that is what she will see at a trial???????
Miley looks like she is moving very nicely, she looks good.

Dawn said...

Good luck with the show and go! I laughed out loud at the noodle! She couldn't believe there was something right behind her!

Morganne said...

I vote for putting the slats back on. You did get the information you were looking for by taking them off. If they bother her, it might not be fair for her to only see them in a trial.

I laughed hard at the noodle distraction:-) Miley is very cute!