Saturday, December 5, 2009

This and that

This week Miley was really slow going over the a-frame in my lesson with Meagan. So I decided to video tape her doing a few a-frames today. She is slow going on the down side but I think she is just trying to make sure she stops herself. Tomorrow, if I can get out to the field, I'll video tape her on that a-frame.


">

Then we practice some tunnel discrimination's. She did really well. I didn't post all the video. There was a few times where she thought she knew which jumps to take after the tunnel and didn't take any cue from me. I had to finally go in, almost to the tunnel to get her attention. But after that it was pretty good. I have this problem where Im sure my dog is going to do what I want and I take me eye off her. Every time,she goes off course.
">

This morning I took the dogs to the park for a walk. It was a very unpleasant morning. Cold and damp. Its been raining a lot. The good new was we didn't see any people or bikes.

But look at the ant hill.


The contrast of the yellow and green at the park was beautiful but I just couldn't seem to catch it on film. I didn't bring my good camera because I didn't really think I would take any pictures. The yellow was so intense, I kept looking up to see if the sun was out, but is wasn't. To bad it didn't show in the photo.






8 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE the holiday header! First time I've seen it! I never can get the true colors in fall leaf pictures either! Drats! I think Miley is trying so hard to get that contact! I'd settle for the contact since at least she's not leaping off the A-frame now! :)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I LOVE the pictures, the colors with that sky look so pretty, and your guys on the log look so beautiful. I love your new header too, but I loved the one you had up there yesterday too. the videos look good. I do not know if this would be helpful at all, but One thing I did when Liz was getting a little slow doing the aframe was when I got her over it REALLY fast with a great contact I gave her anchovies, something she never gets any other time, and for her it really made it clear that I wanted fast and accurate, I made a huge deal of getting it out and getting it for her, and that only happens with a really awesome performance, for awhile I had focused a lot on getting the contact and I think she started either thinking about getting it too much or just thinking I wanted slower and more careful-not sure which thing was on her mind. Anyway, not sure any of that applies to you and Miley, but....it helped us ;-).

Lian said...

Miley's table is really nice. Look like your hard work has paid off.

I have been practising jump on from the side of the A Frame to get into position with Saturn recently. He is always slow on the down plank but with his exercise, he seems to improve the speed going down plank. You might want to try that with Miley? Just a suggestion as all dogs are different.

Sara said...

Your new header is co cute!

I loved watching the second video, and just listening to the noise the tunnel made when Miley ran thru! I'd like someone to clock her with a radar gun to see how fast she is going. Her table is looking great.

Maybe she is just being cautious about the contact on the a-frame.

Chris and Ricky said...

I too think Miley is just slowing down to make sure she gets the aframe contact. I know you don't want her to slow down but it is nice to see her showing some self-control and thinking instead of just running and running. Her table did look great! I love all your equipment and your backyard set-up. We want a real tunnel - do you know where we can get the least expensive ones?

Love your holiday header!!!!!

Diana said...

Hi Ricky. The dark blue tunnel is from J & J . But I wouldnt buy that one again. Its a compitition tunnel and is very heavy. So I bought the light blue tunnel to be able to take to the park. Its much lighter. Its not as long either but works out fine. I think I got it from NTI Golbal. I think they are having a sale and the are under 100 dollars. The light blue shows more dirt then the dark blue but other than that its held up really well. Diana

Cool Design Shelties said...

I love the holiday header :o)

//Bente

Chris and Ricky said...

Thanks Diana! Yea, I don't want a super heavy tunnel either so I'll look at the NTI Global ones.