Monday, December 21, 2009

Contacts and cameras

I took Miley to the field yesterday. The sun has finally come out. WhooHoo! It was still chilly but I was ok running. My nice husband came with me and I think he was a tad cold. I really don't let Miley run the contacts to much at the field because I thought it was causing her problems and she would get a weird gait going over the contacts. I now realize she was having problems negotiating the slats and was what was causing the weird gait. And that not letting her run the contacts was actually causing her more problems. So I really worked the contacts yesterday. Her dogwalk has been ok but she has been creeping down the A-frame. I think we got some improvement while I was there on the a-frame.

">

Next on the camera front. Ive been trying to find a camera that gives me just a little bit better video. I tried the Kodak Zi8. I didn't really like it because you had to down load the video and edit it on the computer. I like my casio S880 because I cant edit video easily on the camera and then just up load it to youtube. Plus I know how it works so I can do it very quickly. I hate change and learning new electronic equipment. I always buy the same brand cell phone because they always basicly work the same. So I just bought the casio FS 10. It takes video in HD. I cant edit right on the camera. The video is a little clearer then my old casio. But man it really eats up the battery. By the end of the session at the field the battery was dead. Plus it takes forever to upload to youtube. So I'm still undecided on it.

7 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Glad you got some sun (what's that? - lol!) and were able to practice at the field. Miley looked good especially on the second aframe! The quality of the video was good too. We've never had a camera where you edit on the camera instead of the computer. That would be nice - editing takes forever with our Flip.

Sara said...

The quality of the video is great. Miley looked great too.

I think anything HD, takes a long time to upload to youtube.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Looks like a pretty day but it still looks cold...Miley is looking good, and I wish I knew more about electronics....I would not have thought about the battery life when I was choosing a camera but boy that would be a huge factor. The quality of your video always looks great...

Dawn said...

I love watching you and Miley run! I have no idea about video, but hope you find what you're looking for!

Natalie said...

Nice video, it does look good. Miley's A frame looked really nice the second time around! I think she's starting to get it.

Sam said...

I think the A-Frame looked really good on the second time, too.

I don't know if you have a Mac, but I've found that if you use the program iMovie and upload directly from that program that the uploads go SO much quicker.

Lian said...

I really envy you can still go to the field and do some agility. I haven't done anything for two weeks and we have a competition coming up on Monday!!