Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things we train


Some how I rewarded "wait" so much that Miley is now not releasing with the release cue of "ok". Oh boy. I guess I need to find balance. The other thing Ive accidentally trained is when I say this nonsense word of "Ut" when she makes a mistake, she thinks it means down. I guess because if she broke her down or move into a sit from a down when I didn't ask for that , I would say "ut" and she would fix her mistake. So now "ut" means down. Oops. Tonight I'm going for a lesson with Meagan. We will see what she does there with the release cue. I just hope the weather isn't to bad. We are suppose to have lots of rain and wind.

The good news is I finished the H1N1 shot clinic at my school yesterday. I didn't realize how much stress I was feeling about all that until I left yesterday and was all done. The clinic went great without any problems. All the kids did great.

4 comments:

Sara said...

It's funny how dogs pick up so quick on words. Oreo won't "Down" anymore when I say "down", he bows instead. I guess they sound similar? Now, I have to say "splat" when I want him to lay down.

Glad your clinic went well and that it is over!

Chris and Ricky said...

I know it's not funny, but it is! Speed-demon Miley wants to "wait" and she thinks "Ut" means "down"! It's too cute! And I'm sure you can fix it easily.

Good news about the H1N1 clinic being finished. Now go and enjoy your lesson (hopefully no rain - it's 40 and raining her - yuck!)

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

LOL, I tell you, I know how it feels when you fix one problem and then find a few more that cropped up, does it ever end? LOL. Hope you have a GREAT Lesson and congrats on finshing the vaccine shot clinic.

Diana said...

Thats to funny Sarah. "splat" Lol Diana