Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1st day of the trail

Its a beautiful, sunny , warm day. The drive to the trial site was great. I follow the water almost all the way there. I had to laugh. People were wearing hats and mittens at the trial. One lady had long johns on. LOL. I guess its all what you're use to. It felt great to me. I got there at 9am. Ring two started at 9. I figured that they would be done in 1 hour and then excellent would start. Well I missed judged that. So I think my first run was at 1pm. But it was such a nice day, who cares.
I was really nervous before my run. That's why I had signed up for the two USDAA trials.(which I didnt go to) I find that if I go to long between trials, I get ring nerves all over again. Ugh!

I worry about all the wrong stuff when I planning my run.

My plan was to do a slight lead out then front cross to take her over #3. But then I was so worried about her taking that tunnel that I didn't go into the pocket to support #4. So she missed #4 and #5. Crap. Then my front cross was so late after #11, it could have only been later if I had done the cross behind her, Lol. If I hadn't seen the video, I would have said she did all the weave poles. But she pulled out because I started taking off. I wanted to try to keep in front of her to again keep her out of the tunnel at the end of the run. So I did a poor job for my dog.



">

At least they I didn't have a conflicts. I stuck to my plan of not doing the table. The table in the excellent ring was a square box, the sides went to the ground , straight down. Ive never seen it like that before. But they used a different table for Open. Not that it mattered for me. Our run went pretty well. It might be because I found a shark's tooth on the ground in the sand when walking my dog. Maybe it was lucky.


">

On the way home I stopped at a rest area that was off the bridge, weird I know. I got some great pictures. I took a lot of pictures.
Photobucket">
Photobucket">
Photobucket">
Photobucket">
Photobucket">

8 comments:

Dawn said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful photos! I thought she did all the weaves, are you sure she didn't? It must be really hard to keep up with her, she's so fast! Looks like you had fun!

Chris and Ricky said...

Glad your trip to Tampa was safe and that the weather is sunny and warm! I absolutely love the photos of Miley!

Thanks for including the course maps - I really enjoy looking at them while I read your description and then watch your run. Your JWW had some really nice moments and your STD run was great! Really nice and flowing handling and good for you sticking to your plan about the table! Miley's turn into the weaves was especially sweet!

Sara said...

Great photos! Good to see the sun!

I think you got your jitters out on your JWW run. Because, Miley's standard run was awesome. Too bad you can't always skip the table!

Good luck today.

Lian said...

Gorgeous photos!

Miley is always very energetic with her agility, I think she did really well other than the small mistake. Her contacts were awesome! Well done!

We wish you a Happy, Properous and Successful 2010!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Beautiful pictures! My favorite is the second one, where she is in front of the water facing to the right.

I really appreciate you including the course maps - they give me great ideas of things to train for.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I especially love that last picture of Miley, she is such a gorgeous girl!!! Those ring nerves are HARD. I thought the second run really had you both looking very confident and working together very well, Miley even seemed much more strong on the start line of that run, really a gorgeous moving front cross right at the start, and you handled that pinwheel really nice not rushing and you did a super fantastic job of making sure you had connected with Miley after you did any crosses, that was some very nice handling. I admire you for sticking with your plan and doing the training you wanted!

Nicki said...

I like the one with the trees and the water!

Sam said...

I really thought your standard run was beautiful. If not for the table, it would have been an easy Q for sure. Good for you, though, for sticking to your guns and not setting your dog up for something she couldn't do.

Have a Happy New Year, and here's hoping that Miley gets on lots of tables in 2010 and stays on 'em! :)