Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a day.

Its been a crappy day. I wont go into why , Ill just leave it at that. Its always good to come home to dogs that are just so happy to see you. That always lifts the spirit.
Yesterday I took Miley to the park to work handling. We did front and rear crosses. She did really well in that she read everything right and I even got some distance in. The only thing was she was almost always in extension and jumping to long for the turn that was coming. I know that I must not be giving the cue soon enough but I couldn't seem to fix it. I'm going to take a lesson on Monday, so hopefully Meagan can see what I'm doing wrong.
Now today I did just did a few runs with the weaves. And I'm just amazed. I know I keep posting video but I just cant get over how things have changed. She just couldn't do this last week and now, WOW! I need to get video of her going in on the other side of the weaves.

Also if you get the J and J dog supply catalog, Mileys in there in the teeter section.

Guiness and I are still working on the freestyle stuff. The instructor has set up a show and go for freestyle and wants us to come up with a dance with our dog. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm no were near ready to start doing that. Hmmm

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've had such a crappy day. Hope tomorrow will be better for you. Let the dogs cheer you up!!!! (Dont' they always). ;o)

Sara said...

That really is amazing. You've inspired me to try some more difficult weave entries.

That means, I have Oreo entering from various bedrooms, since our weave poles are set up in the hallway! Too cold to be outside. LOL. Hey, we do what we gotta do...

Dawn said...

I think the best part is when Guiness comes in from behind and does weaves right in back of her! :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry you had a bad day....But Miley is looking so awesome on her weaves!

Jules said...

Do the Show n Go! Make the leap!

I hope today is better.

Anonymous said...

It must be the time of the year for everyone to feel a bit down! CONGRATS on Mileys picture, she is truly awesome. THAT VIDEO IS GORGEOUS, she is doing wonderful on her weave entries whooooo hoooo, way to go!