Friday, January 23, 2009

Wed. agility class


I went up to a class with Meagan on Wednesday. It was rough all the way around. Miley had been in her cage all day and then got 15 minutes out when I got home. Then back in the crate again for the 2 hour drive. So she was full of herself by the time we got there. The course above was set up by Meagan and I'm not sure the distances are right but you get the idea. Now that I look at the course again, Im not sure #1 is in the right place. But you still get the idea. It started out ok. We did a post turn from 1 to 2, then front crossed after two. If you went to far in (between 2 and 3) then your dog took the #3 jump straight and missed the # 4 jump and straight into the tunnel. You needed to stay near the #3 jump which forced your dog to slice the jump and then you pushed out to #4. That part was tough but we managed after a couple of tries. ( my bad handling). Then to the teeter and jump #7. It looks tight but all the dogs got this easily. Miley got the weave entrance without a problem. Then front cross after the weaves on to the a-frame. Then it was the tunnels. Miley just wouldn't get into the tunnels correctly. I'm not sure what the problem was. She knew where to go ( in her mind) and just ran right in front of me and cut me off to go into #11 tunnel. Tunnel problems went down hill from their. After that everything was ok until the second time to the table. She wouldn't get on. I don't know why but she just couldn't get herself together. I think she needed more time to burn off energy. So we didnt look to go out there. Plus it was freezing cold. It was 32 degrees and dark.
Well I had to take a break from blogging. My daughter called and the car wont start. So I had to go pick her and her friend up and bring them home. I don't know whats wrong with the car. Its making a weird clicking noise when you try to start it. My husband can deal with it tomorrow. He comes home tonight from Michigan.
So back to class. Miley was crazy and doing crazy things. To much time in the crate. I took a short lesson after class to work on rear crosses. Miley is jumping way long on rear crosses so she isn't reading the cue. Meagan showed me a different way than what I was doing to cue my dog for a rear cross. Its to hard to describe . So later next week if I get any good at doing them, Ill video tape them and show what we worked on.
Tomorrow is Miley's second AKC trial. I'm not sure which dog I will have. The well trained dog, or the crazy do what ever I want dog. Will see. Which ever dog shows up, I will try to have fun and run, run, run......

5 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck at your trial. You've worked so hard, I'm sure you guys will do great. Have fun!

Glad your husband will be home to deal with the car problems!!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck!!!! Hope you guys have a great time today!

Jules said...

Good luck this weekend. As I am always told, Breathe! ;-)

Dawn said...

Good luck at the trial! Whichever dog shows up! LOL The whole class looks hard to me, Katie and I are still getting acquainted with all the obstacles, no way could either of us make it through that course!!

Lian said...

The course looks interesting and I already can see that there are a couple of traps that I will lost Saturn. I need to go and borrow a field and try out.

Good Luck with Miley at the AKC trial, can't wait to hear the news and hopefully video.

Go Go Miley!