Saturday, January 3, 2009

The weather man was wrong

Today I watched the news. The weather lady said it was going to be sunny and 60 degrees today. Tonight rain would start and it would rain all day tomorrow. We guess what? It was cloudy and rainy all day. I think it might have gotten to 50 degrees. It wouldn't have been so bad if you weren't expecting a sunny, nice day. Well we took the dogs to the park for a walk. It was more like misting at the time. You wouldn't believe how many cars were parked in the lot. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't a nice day at all and here are all these people. O'well what can you do. I wanted to go to the spider women trial through a short cut so that we could walk the inner loop that is marked "very difficult". It goes on about .75 of a mile. we did walk it. As we were walking I told my husband that is didn't seem that different from the rest of the path. But it was all up hill. It kept going and going. I was definitely feeling it by the time we reached the top. Then it flattened out and went down hill. After getting on the main part of the spider women trail again , a whole group of people are coming toward us with their dogs. Are their dogs on leashes like the park signs state? No of course not. That's for other people. I think there were 5 or 6 dogs. Two really big dogs and some smaller dogs. The dogs start running toward us. The women says, " They are friendly that's why they are off leash". I had picked Miley up and was holding her. I don't care if your dog is friendly or not. The rule says they are to be on leash. I'm sure they knew I wasn't happy. In my opinion any dog will bite in the right situation. I worked at a children's hospital. I took care of multiple kids that had to go to surgery after being bitten by a dog. All types of dogs. Poodles, beagles, boxers, boarder collies ect....... Like I said any dog will bite in the right situation. When I was at the trial, twice I saw dogs attack each other waiting for their turn to run. It scared the crap out of me. At least they were on leash and the owners could pull them apart. I made sure when I walked Miley that she was very close to me and didn't get near other dogs. Well , sorry about the rant. Back to the park, We got off the path and I tried to jump this little gully trying to get away from these people and their dogs. When I jumped, I didn't know one of the little dogs was coming with me. And I landed right on its leg when we both leaped the gully. I felt bad but I didn't say anything because I was mad. The poor dog. I cant believe I didn't break its leg. It seemed fine and finally went back to its owners after they repeatedly called it. Poor dog.
The picture above is from another day but I thought it was cute and wanted to post it.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I agree, you really can't trust any dog not to bite, no matter how friendly. There are leash laws for reasons.

Chris and Ricky said...

It's good you all went out for a walk even if the weather didn't cooperate - sounds like it was perfect Sheltie weather, though!

Sorry about the off-leash dogs......

Nicki said...

I hate when people won't keep their dog on a leash or in a fence. We have dogs that run loose in our "neighborhood" (we sort of live in the country) that are contantly in our pasture or front yard or driveway leaving poop and bothering our dogs which stay safely in our fence. Ugh.

Dawn said...

I agree. We too live in the country, and there are dogs running all the time. Gets Katie all hysterical inside, and crazy outside when we run into one of them. It's not fair that we can't even play on our own land without worrying about other dogs we don't know running by. You were lucky not to end up with a hurt dog, theirs or yours!