Friday, January 30, 2009

Miley's foot

Something may be wrong with Miley's foot. I notice last weekend at the trial that she held her foot up twice. I was walking her on the road area where you can park RV's and cars. It was a huge area down from the trial. She did it once Saturday and once Sunday. She just held it up when walking, like she has some thing stuck to her foot. I brushed her foot off and she was fine the rest of the day. She did it again on Sunday. But there was lots of little pebbles on the road area. This time I looked more carefully at her foot, brushed if off again and kept walking. I didn't see this again until Tuesday night when walking the street at home. Same foot, all three times. Ok, some thing may be wrong. I decided I wouldn't do any training with her for a week. I havent seen her do it again. But this morning, Mickey and Miley were wrestling. Miley on the ground and Mickey on top of her. It works better this way since Mickey is so much smaller then Miley. Every thing was fine until he bit her right foot ankle area. Then she got upset and went after Mickey ( not playfully ). It made me think he hit just the wrong spot. So I will keep resting her and see what happens. If I see something next week, Ill take her to the vet. I bet that is why she dropped so many bars this weekend. The one that surprised me was the Sunday run ( video below in another post) when she came out of the weaves and then there was a jump. I remember thinking that it was weird she dropped that bar.

My sister is coming this weekend for a visit. That will be fun.

8 comments:

ThePainterPack said...

Poor baby! Our paws are delicate...I hope her paw gets much better!

Mya Boo Boo

Dawn said...

I hope she's alright!! And have fun with your sister!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Oh wow, poor Miley, wonder what she did? Do you take her in for adjustments or accupuncture?

Sara said...

Maybe that is why Miley has been acting "crazy" lately.

That is the hard part of living with dogs, they can't tell us when something is bothering them. We have to be detectives, and figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Did you check her nails? Jessie had a nail injury once and we don't even know how she did it, there was just a little blood under one nail and she kept holding her paw up so it must have hurt quite a bit. Hope Miley will be better soon!!!

Josh and Jessie

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry to hear that something might be wrong with Miley's foot! We hope she is ok!

Have a good time with your sister!

Johann The Dog said...

Oh, hope you find out what it is and it goes away quickly. I just hate it when dogs get hurt, dang!

Have fun with your sis this weekend! Off to read about your trail :) We surely miss agility!

Lian said...

It could be she twisted her ankle or something? Sing and Miley are very similar, they are kinda crazy and they will do their best until the drop. Do you have ARNICA there? It is for human but we give it to the dogs alot here especially when we do a lot of sports with them. It is no harm to the dogs and just in case there is a bruise, it will help to ease the pain and if any bruise in the foot.

Or, do you think there is a fine glass stuck on her pad?

If she is still reacting like this, best to go to the vet.