Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weaves and a-frames

I went out to the field today. Even at 8am, it still feels hot. By the time I was done, sweat was soaking thur my shirt. At least tomorrow's lesson will be inside.
I worked on a jumpers course. She did really well. Our first run thur she just went in at the second weave pole but other wise perfect. I started looking thur my book on the trials we have been to. We seems to do better on outdoor trials on grass and do the worse on indoor on dirt. I wonder if its because we mostly train outside on grass and she feels this is how its suppose to be or is it the different running surface or it could be me. LoL

After I was done running the jumpers run I decided to test if I could get some distance away from the weave poles and her not pull out. WhooHoo, success!
">

We also worked a little on the box running a-frame. I started her higher up on the a-frame and she is hitting in the box but I would like it to be a little deeper. Ill have to talk to Meagan about that. I wonder if she will go deeper once she is truly running the a-frame and has momentum to carry her through. She still jumped the box one time. I feel she is still unsure of what she is suppose to be doing. Every once in a while she will creep down into a 2o/2o.

">


Im almost done with the LM foundation seminar VOD. Thank goodness. Its starting to feel like a chore. LoL I think if I had more time to watch it, I wouldnt feel so much pressure to get it done. But then you may not get what you need out of the seminar if you wait to long between session to finish watching it. The last part is easier to watch because she is demonstrating her training methods with a dog and then they analyze it and talk about the information that you are giving the dog. Most of the time I have to rewind to see it because I missed it the first time. Its hard to watch what she is doing and what the dog it doing. I guess its a good thing that I can rewind it , if I was at the seminar I couldnt. LoL

6 comments:

Dawn said...

looks fun!

Eva the Sheltie said...

Sounds like a good day! I just love watching Miley weave!!

Sara said...

That was an awesome weave entry!

I don't think I would have even attempted to watch the seminar. Just the thought of having to spend that many hours watching in a certain amount of time, would have stressed me out waaaay too much!

Chris and Ricky said...

Yep, that weave entry was a thing of true beauty!

I'm sure Linda's seminar has tons of great information but mom would be stressed out watching it too and would have to rewind and rewind and rewind to get it. Even if you don't remember every word, I am sure you'll still get lots of good information.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I have to thank you for letting us know that the seminar was on sale, I have got sooooooo much, when I started learning with the APHS I was so confused and did not understand a lot of things, it was very confusing to me, I do not know why because now it all seems so common sense and easy. I will say with Breeze learning this way I can pull her off any obstacle, she is way into my movement, and usually when I pull her off it is because I stopped for a nano second, LOL, she does watch my movement so much more then my class mates, which really gives me so many tools and works so well, but it is also what I usually mess up on and is almost always where we have any sort of problem-because I use my motion inconsistently without thinking. I wonder if it is just more noisy which would be a little more stressful at the indoor trials, I see that a lot around here where we have a few trials in horse arenas. We have one next weekend and Breeze has never trialed there before so it will be interesting to see how she handles it.

Natasha said...

Really nice distance with the weaves!!