Sunday, May 16, 2010

Agility Demo

Saturday I drove up to Charlotte to this park called Independence park. Meagan's club was holding agility demos for a fund raiser for the humane society. It was lots of fun and very hot. It was packed with people and dogs. There was a 5K run at the beginning of the day. No we didnt participate in that. I should have told my husband about the run because then he would have gone with me. Instead he was on the army base doing a bike ride. He got 2 flat tires and had to walk back to the car. The car was 8 miles away. I dont know if you have ever seen the bike shoes that click onto the bike but they are not meant for walking in. His feet were hurting when he got home. And some military guys stopped with a truck and gave him a ride so he only had to walk about a mile.
Anyway the park was packed and they played very loud music. Miley wasnt completely comfortable there. Her ears were down alot. I was walking past one of the booths set up ( lots of dog vendors there ) and I heard this guy say "that dog's stressed". I think she didnt like the loud music or that beautiful water pond they had. Once I got to where the crates were and the agility ring was, she seemed fine. And of course once she was in the ring she was all business. Creeping and trying to break her startline. LoL
I have to laugh, this morning my shoulders are really sore. I think its from caring my gear to the site. I had to park several blocks away and carry my stuff to the site. I thought I went light. I brought a soft crate, fan, backpack and cooler. And thankfully Meagan gave me a ride back to my car when we were done. I was dreading walking back to my car. Thanks Meagan
I did see the Chiro on my way back home. She thought Miley's back was much better. No twitching when she was touching it. Yea!!

There is video of the runs today. Hopefully I can get them loaded later today.



Here is the pond that was at the park. Isnt it neat. To bad Miley didnt think so.This picture was before all the dogs got in.






Here's Miley not happy to be near the water.

I got someone's huband to take these pictures of Miley running today. He got some great shots. I should have given him the camera to take all the pictures. He got much better shots than I did.










8 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Looks fun! Except for the heat and the big crowd - LOL!

Sara said...

Looks like a fun day! The pond is really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures.
Sorry about the not-so-good day but I'm glad Miley's back is better! yay!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I love that first jumping picture and how tight Miley is wrapping that jump, wow. The dog pond is gorgeous, like you said too bad Miley was not into it ;-). I hate having to haul stuff to trial sights ....that is why I usually dont bring my easy up, it is not easy haul, LOL.
Really glad Miley is doing so well physically, that is always good news!

Lian said...

Love the picture of Miley going up the see-saw! She always look so happy doing agility.

Dawn said...

What a fun day! No pressure! LOL She looks GREAT!

Natasha said...

Great to hear that her back seems better! Love the teeter photo. No feet on the ground!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL dog! :-)