Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More box work

">

The a-frame is set low. Miley is doing three hits on the down side. I know that when she gets to a trial, she gets high and will only do 2 hits. I need her doing 2 hits on the down side at home. So the DVD suggest to move the box up on the aframe to get the 2 hits. Then slowly you move the box down, inch by inch, until they are in the yellow. The video is of the first day with the box up higher to get the 2 hits. It freaks me out a little that she isnt hitting in the yellow but I have to be patient. LoL Not my strong point.
I tried LM "touch and go" exercise. LoL You set up a pinwheel and you have to touch the upright of the 2nd jump and then run away. It was pretty funny how slow I am. I think my dog was laughing at me. I also tried the one jump with just lateral motion and she wasnt to wide coming around the jump except for one time.

My daughter , Stephanie, set up a blog. http://www.timetobreakfreeartist.blogspot.com/
Thats the link , but its also on the side bar of my blog roll. Its about her artwork. She has posted some of the things she has done at school this year.

6 comments:

Dawn P said...

looking good!

Sam said...

You're so good at trouble shooting stuff like this! Miley is going to have such a nice running contact. I remember way back when we almost did one.. But I think the fact that I don't have a frame at home to practice on often would have made it hard.

Anonymous said...

It looks like two hits is going to be quite the stretch, but I know Miley can do it. Glad I never actually tried to get either of mine to do two hits (though I'm still tempted to see if Marron could ever do it). With Spy I've decided to see if I can get the two for one deal with the Trkman DW training.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

You know contacts....the baine of my existence, LOL. Miley looks good but gosh I remember when I started with agility and contacts sure did not seem to be as much work as they have turned out to be, LOL!

Sara said...

Just checked out your daughters blog. She is very talented. I loved the piece she did that won her the internship. Gorgeous.

Chris and Ricky said...

I guess you just have to have faith in the method because I understand why you hate to see Miley hitting outside of the yellow! I am sure she will get it though!

Stephanie's blog and artwork are beautiful - she's extremely talented! One of my colleagues in the symphony has a daughter who moved to NYC a couple years ago to pursue musical theater. She loves it there! (She hasn't made it in her field yet, though).