Friday, May 21, 2010

Better!

Miley seems better. It was weird how lame she was that morning and by the time I got home from work, she was all better. Ive still been keeping her from running crazy in the yard just to be sure. I did take her in the yard yesterday to work on some of the Linda Mecklenburg "come to heel" stuff. Miley was so excited. She had that look of "Im ready, where are you going to send me". LoL. She has such excitement for the game.
I wish the Linda Mechlenburg VOD was a DVD. How am I going to remember all this stuff. Im taking notes but some of the stuff you need to see to be able to get it. Im learning a lot. I didnt realize that teaching your dog to come to heel on the flat was teaching your dog to collect and control their back end. It also teaches them to bend like when they go over the bar. I knew it was teaching them to control thier body, I just didnt understand the specifics. It will interesting to see how Miley does when I go out and work the "pull" exercise. Will she swing wide over the jump, or turn tight and come chase me? They are suppose to turn tight.
Ive been watching the VOD every night but still have a long way to go. Its a good thing she gave us a week. I couldnt have goten this done in 48 hours.


I try to walk the dogs either every night or every other night depending on if we are doing much agility. Well, between the snakes and the ticks, Im pretty much over it. Last weekend we took the dogs to the park. We had only been walking maybe 2 -3 minutes and I must have gotten a pinched nerve in my back. Every time I tried to put weight on my leg it hurt so bad. My husband asked if I wanted to go back to the car. But really, I couldnt even walk back to the car. I said, lets just wait it out. So after a few minutes it let up enough that I could walk again. Then we come around the corner and there is a big black snake across the path. Ugh, I hate snakes! My husband asked if I wanted him to get it off the path. I told him to first take a picture. He stepped forward and the snake started shaking its tail and we heard a rattling noise. Well, thats all I needed. We are going home. First my back, now the snake. No walk today. My husband started laughing and said, "I guess you backs feeling better now. You have certainly picked up the pace".At first we thought it was some kinda rattle snake. But apparently black rat snakes will rattle their tail to scare away predators even though they arent rattle snakes. Well, it definitely worked on me. LoL. Now, ticks. My dogs keep getting ticks on them. I use flea and tick medication on them but Im not sure its working. Mostly on Miley. Ive found one on Guienss but it was little and dead but I still had a hard time pulling it off. But I have found several on Miley that were big and bloated. The last one was bloated but also appeared dead and again I had a really hard time getting it off. So now its getting harder and hard to go hike in the woods. Snakes and ticks. Yuk!

9 comments:

Jules said...

Glad Miley is feeling better. I would be a bit stressed if I had to wirry about snakes in addition to ticks!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, so glad Miley is feeling better. I started with Linda M exercises and teaching convergence, my instructor had gone to the seminars and studied with Daisy Peel who works with Linda, and then using the book-but so cool to be able to see it from her myself and I love it, so glad you posted about it having the price reduced, there were one or two things I was not thinking about that were solutions to problems I had been having, so I loved that and I have really been enjoying watching it. I would love to do, or to see one with common sequences..

Sam said...

Oooof. I was flipping out about my one little incident with ticks, I could NEVER go through that every day. And as if that wasn't enough, a rattlesnake?! I wouldn't have walked either.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the rattle would have fooled me too. That definately does not make me feel any better about my (lack of) snake ID'ing skills.

Where did you find the VOD for the seminar? I went to the agilityvision site and couldn't find it any where in the catalog.

Sara said...

Im glad Miley is OK. ticks don't bother me, but snakes, forget it.

Diana said...

Loralei, Its not at agility vision. Its on Awesome paws website, which is L.M. site. Here the link if it works.
http://www.awesomepaws.us/?page_id=827

Diana

Dawn said...

I'm glad Miley is feeling better! But the ticks and snakes? No, not so good. We've been considering going down to our house in Alabama and taking Katie with us...but we're so not used to ticks and things I'm wondering if maybe we should just not take her...

Chris and Ricky said...

Thank goodness Miley is better!!

Don't like ticks or snakes and don't even mention cockroaches!!!

Morganne said...

Glad Miley is feeling better!
The foundation stuff and one-jump work can be found in her older articles (2008) as well as the jumping book.