Saturday, May 1, 2010

We Rocked!




This morning things started like this and then turned into this.


Needless to say Miley and I got soaked this morning on the beach. I didnt know it was suppose to rain this morning. I wasnt sure I was going to be able to run her if it was to wet. We went to the trial and it worked out great. It was probably a good thing it rained otherwise the ground would have been to hard. Once the sun came out it was kinda miserable. Miley didnt even want to walk around. One time she tried to hide under the car and I had a shade tent and a fan blowing, she still wasnt happy.



First up was Excellent fast. I wrote my plan on the course map. I decided not to go for the bonus send because I didnt think we would be successful. And after last weekend with the weave pole problems I really wanted her to have successful weave poles. We ran and got the off side tunnel entrance. WhooHoo!. The first time over the a-frame she jumped the contact and I marked it with a "Uhho", the second time she got it. Everything else was perfect. Great weaves! She was awesome. Held her start line too.



Next was open standard. It was hot as heck with the sun out. I wet Miley down before we ran. She was awesome!! Held her start line, got her contacts and her weaves. Because I didnt do the table I was on the right side of the weaves and rear crossed #14. But I was so close behind her I pushed her off the jump. I made her do it anyway and she did!! No circling!! Everything else perfect!!

I could believe how well we were doing and thought maybe we should leave on a good note. But then just decided to stay. Last up was Excellent JWW.


I walked it a couple of different ways. I wanted to make sure I tried different things and not just get one way in my mind like I usually do. I decided to post turn #3,4 and into 5 and then RC #5. I front crossed after #7 and I did it beautifully. We got to #13 and I brought my arm forward to send her into the weaves(I was on her right) and I think she thought I was RC on the flat and she missed the weave pole entry. I brought her back and she got right back in. No huge circle, just tight back and right back into the weaves. I was so excited I lost concentration and she took #15 to #19 but I continued like that was the plan and got her into the tunnel. Yea me!! And we finished nicely. NO CIRCLING !!!!!! WhooHoo, We Rock!! Today was great!! I know we didnt "Q" but we were together. (I hope it just wasnt the heat suppressing her. LoL)


And her she is now. You wouldnt know it but she kept me up all night. She just kept letting out this little bark. Im not sure what she heard, I couldnt hear anything. I had the TV on and ear plugs in my ears to try and sleep. I got up at 12:30am and walked her and then again at 5am. She must be wiped out from being up all night. Turkey!





11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done to both of you!

Sara said...

I'm so, so, happy for you!!! A trial day without circling! That is just awesome!

A big, well deserved, WhooHoo, going out to you two!

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - congratulations!!! Sounds like you two stayed connected and had great runs today! I am so very happy for you too!!!!!

Hope you and Miley both get some rest tonight!

Dawn P said...

That sounded great. I love days of agility like that. Congratulations. Those were some nice courses, especially Standard.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Sounds like a really great day and a reallly great trial, congrats on the great runs, gooooo Miley!

Marie said...

Woohoo That's awesome!

Dawn said...

I'm so happy for you!!! What a team! All that work paid off and you had a wonderful time with a wonderful dog.

Now, go get some sleep! :)

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Wow!!! Congratulations!!

You guys rock :)

LauraK said...

How awesome- yay Diana and Miley! And that's great that she didn't circle and stayed focused, I'm so happy for you gals :)

Jules said...

Woo-hoo!! I am so glad you had such a great trial. That's awesome!

Lian said...

What a Team you two are! Well done!