Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ready Treat

<



This is a short video of the "Ready Treat". I just wanted you to hear the noise it makes and see its size. Its small enough for me to hold in one hand.


I havent done any training this week. I think Miley's back is sore. I think I told you last week she dropped one bar every run. Then this weekend at the beach, she acted weird when I threw the ball. Not all the time, just sometimes. I would throw the ball, she would take off running, get the ball then drop it and come back to me without the ball. Its was weird. Then when we got home and I was stroking her back. When I got to the middle of her back , she would flick her head around and look at her back. It made me think it must be tender. I havent seen anything else. So yesterday I took her to the vet and they agreed that she was sore and gave me some rimadyl. On Saturday Im taking her for an adjustment. I'm hoping by next week that she is back to normal . We still have been walking, which for us is always on leash. Its been hot as heck here. Ive had to hose the dogs off before walking them. Guiness acts like Im trying to cut his feet off.

Acts like this probably lead to a sore back.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope Miley's back gets better soon!

Lian said...

I was tempted to get this ready treat at one point, then my friend got it before me. She has troubled with it. This ready treat can only load one piece of treat at a time, and the remote control works on infra red, if there is an object blocking the way, the remote cannot trigger the box. Hope you haven't have all those problems she has.

Hope Miley is ok. Sizzle also like to chase his ball like Miley does and that got me worries too.

Sara said...

Thanks for showing the ready treat. It is so cool!

I sure hope Miley heals up soon. I thought there might be a problem when you wrote in your post she was dropping bars, because she doesn't usually do that. Our chiro said she loves to work with agility people, because they catch problems sooo much earlier than regular dog owners.

Should I send over one of Oreo's ice packs?

Chris and Ricky said...

I hope MIley feels better soon! Crazy girl running after her ball like that! She never does anything half-way!

Anonymous said...

And frisbees are even worse than balls! As many times as I've been suspicious Marron's done something to herself for the frisbee, she's only needed chiro once so far.
Hope Miley feels better!

Jules said...

oh no! I hope the chiro helps - it should.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

;-(, hope a couple of days and an adjustment have her looking much better by the end of the weekend.

How much does the ready treat weigh, like if a dog was rushing at it,...(like mine would), do you think it would be easily thrown around? I love my manners minder but it would be neat to have something a little smaller once in awhile, although I have heard about the problems on sunny days if the sun is shining on it, or if there is something in the way.

Diana said...

Kathy, Ive heard about the sun problems. Ive taken in direct sun and it didnt have a problem. Its pretty light so Im sure if you slammed into it, it could be a problem. I went with this because it was cheaper and I wanted to be able to use high value rewards like chicken and steak which I think cant be put in the Manners Minder. I wanted it more for the type of treats I wanted to use than anything else plus its much smaller than Manners Minder. Diana

LauraK said...

What a great training tool! Thanks for sharing :)

I hope Miley's back gets better soon, that's never any fun!

Natasha said...

I'd love to have a Ready Treat, it would be SO handy. Thanks for showing this!

Sorry to hear about Miley's back. There have been so many injured dogs lately. I hope she's feeling back to her normal self soon! The adjustment should help a bit?

Anonymous said...

Just watched the video (computer was being too slow last time I logged on). The only thing I might have liked would be if the door weren't see through. Like if the door were colored, I could make the treat magically APPEAR out of nowhere by pressing the button. For Spy, the idea of a cookie is as rewarding as the treat itself, so I think just being able to see the treat would be a reward.

Dawn said...

Pretty cool! Will be interesting to see what Miley makes of it.

Hope her back feels better soon. Katie runs the same way to pick up her frisbee and I always wonder...now I'm worried!

Marie said...

I hope Miley's feeling better after her adjustment on her back today. :-)