Monday, May 31, 2010

Day two







Im finally back home. I got home last night and boy was I beat. Sunday it was 90 degrees and sunny. I had a headache all day and just couldnt get rid of it. So driving 4 hours home was tough but I made it. Miley doesnt like the sun. Half way thur the day she wouldnt leave the crateing site. Its hard to warm up your dog when she had to stay in the shade. But once she is in the ring, no problem. Runs like she is on fire.
First up was gamblers. I wasnt sure if we should run because the grass was really wet and I saw some dogs slip. But I decided to do something easy. I really just wanted to practice weave poles, the tire and the dogwalk. I dont think I told you that yesterday she crashed the tire. I could have kicked myself for not asking someone to tape my run. But then I feel like Im being a pain. So I have no idea what happened with the tire. Someone said they think she was just looking at me and not the tire. Plus is was on an uphill grade so she met up with the ground sooner than she thought. It wasnt a bad crash. Anyway back to gamblers. She ran the course, not to much craziness but not as smooth as I would have liked. She didnt stop on either dogwalk contact. Ugh! Lots of work to do there. She got the gamble. I didnt think we had enough points with the dogwalk misses but when I checked the sheet we did. O,yea today on the gamblers course you could do anything, back to back contacts or obstacles.
A girl came up to me after my run and said, "I love watching your dog run. Its like she's on crack out there". LOL good thing she didnt see that snooker run yesterday.
Next was our pairs run. I really wish I had this run on video. But they were calling my name at the practice jump so I didnt have time to ask anyone. I let the other girl go first because on the first half of the course was an a-frame and I didnt think Miley would hit the contact. This judge was very nice and really explained the rules for all of us new people. You have to have your leash off your dog before your grab the baton. You could place your hand on your dog but couldnt be grabbing them to hold them. I was very worried that Miley was just going to take off like a shot. I was concentrating so hard on my own dog that I didnt even think about the other dog. When the girl gave me the baton, I told Miley to wait and did a small lead out. I released her and we took off. And so did the other dog. Barking and chasing after Miley on the course. I really just didnt know what I was suppose to do. Do I stop, keep going? I had no idea. Miley got on the teeter and the other dog jumped in her face and was barking. Miley jumped off the teeter. The judge said "go on". But I was confused. Miley had put all four paws on the teeter so I wasnt allowed to put her back on. But I thought the judge meant I just had to keeping going with this dog chasing us. So I put Miley back on the teeter and the judge blew the whistle. Then it dawned on me why. So this dog is still chasing Miley, I call Miley and she came right to me and I picked her up. (I really thought she was going to go into cirlcing mode and then we would really have problems). Then a really nice person asked the judge if I could run my side again just to make sure Miley has a positive experience in the ring. She said sure. Miley ran like a pro with a beautiful flawless run. The poor girl I ran with was so upset. She just kept apoliziging. I told to really not worry about it. Miley and I have had lots of crazy runs. I told it was my fault too. I should have made sure she had her dog before I took off. It was a learning experience for me. Miley was such a funny dog. You should have seen the look on her face during the run with this dog chasing her.I think she was thinking, "What the heck. Im working dog, get out of here. This is AGILITY, get lost" LOL
Next was steeplechase. I had asked someone to tape my run but something happened. When I looked at the tape its video of the ground, a dog walking by then the screen is black for a while, the their hand, their shirt and then the sky. Im not sure what happened. The lens comes out of the camera and it would be hard to put your hand in front of it but thats what it looks like happened. So no video. Our run was ok. The most exciting thing was she hit her a-frame contact both time. WhooHoo. I really wish I had the video because I would have liked to seen what she did to hit it. She missed the weaves and did a big circle around the ring once but I got her back and she ran nice.
Last was jumpers. I didnt realize until I was driving home that Miley got her jumpers starters title on Saturday. Sundays course was so easy and flowing. It should have been no problem. I did a lead out but it just wasnt enough for me to cue the turn in the right place. I was to far behind and should have done and outside arm rear cross but I used and inside arm which turned her over the wrong jump but we didnt miss a beat and got back on course and finshed nicely. Nice run, to bad I screwed it up. LOL.

8 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, kudos to you for handling that Pairs situation so well. I would have been really stressed.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

hahahaha, some day we will all have to get together and share weird ground or sky videos of our runs and we could try to figure out how they could happen, LOL, I have a gorgeous ground video from our best jumpers run from this weekend, LOL. I tell you I have seen some scary things in pairs with one dog running after another and things like that, so glad Miley is so easy going and that it was not more serious, but yikes, I am not sure what I would have done....maybe I will be better prepaired because I am thinking about it now. Sounds like all in all Miley was doing good this weekend without the circling, that is great. Congrats on the title that is soooo cool!

Love Miley and I love seeing pictures of her that looks like a really cool place to stop and relax this weekend.

Dawn P said...

Oh man, what a horrible experience in Pairs. I've never heard of that happening. The judges usually don't say the dogs have to be on leash before the other team goes. I think it's up to the judge. Miley is such a good sport.

Congrats on the title.

Sara said...

Oh boy, what a pairs experience. That is why I will never do a trigility DOCNA run with Oreo. I think he might never do agility with me again. It just gets too crazy out there. Miley sounds like she handled it really well.

Congratulations on your jumpers title. That's awesome.

I hope your head feels better today.

Dawn said...

Wow! Reading all this is getting me exhausted! How you do it all is beyond me.

What a story in pairs. Guess that's the way it goes though the first time you try something. Not your fault at all. Miley handled it well!

And congratulations on the title!! Whoo hoo!

Loved the pictures too!

NOW..go get some REST!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations on your title! What a lot of runs on such a hot weekend! Mom would've had a huge headache too! Hope you are feeling lots better today!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Miley sure knows how to pose!

Your pairs run sounded hilarious! Well done Miley for doing it flawlessly the second time!

The people at the ring sounded really nice and helpful :) Congrats on your title!

LauraK said...

Beautiful pictures, what a gorgeous setting! Sounds like you had a fun weekend of trialing, hopefully you're having a nice restful day today :)